{ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯-22 }

Error's POV:

_____________________________

❝The Soul Skipped A Beat-❞

_____________________________

Most say the way back home seems shorter than it is though it seemed longer than the trip there. I stared out of the window of my quarters thinking- the way home had its moments; Ink had another attack in which I along with Geno sustained damage in, his left arm is now the same opaque colour as the substance leaking from his eyes. He hasn't been the same obnoxious lover I knew- he's been quiet and sad, no longer flirting with me, or even messing with Nightmare. 

I know he's in pain and I haven't admitted it until now, but I'm scared. 

Why am I even scared? He's fine, there's a cure, and all we need to do is pick it up and cure him! Everything is okay- Speaking of Ink- he was curled up on a leather trunk I had placed in the room watching as I looked out the window at the approaching island. His stare was chilling yet somehow comforting. I let out a breath as I stood up and headed toward the door with a quick pace. "Where are you going?" 

He asked his tone was soft though it sounded forced. I turn toward him with a smile laying my hand on the doorknob. "My island is approaching, and I must check in with something. You can come if you want." 

Ink nodded his head crawling down from the trunk and over to me, using his arms to pull himself around. He must have a lot of stamina and upper body strength to crawl around like that without getting tired in a few minutes- I wonder if Geno ever wrote that trait down. 

"C'mon just follow me and don't attack anyone!"  I said the last part with a stern tone as the last thing I would want is someone getting bit, or worse- killed by him. He mischievously smiled at me though it quickly faded once I opened the door. 

Walking onto the deck where my crew was securing the ship from floating off, the gangplank already attached to the docks. "So, why can't I attack anyone?" Ink asked with a breathy chuckle. I look down at him, him looking back at me with a gleeful stare. "What kind of question is that? You know why you can't attack anyone!" I jokingly snap- trying not to chuckle at him, It's nice seeing him start becoming his old self. The flirty tease he was. 

His flirting might be awful and corny, but I enjoy it, and he wouldn't be the same without his unique behaviour. "We are going to check on my cat if you're wondering." Ink didn't respond- he seemed more focused on crawling than answering, and I could tell his arm was still bothering him, I couldn't imagine the pain he must feel.

"Don't worry, it's not that far of a walk!" I comment as I look down at Ink; trying to ease his mind with a conversation hoping to distract him from the pain. "What's the name of your cat?" He asked, looking around as people stared at us in shock, some even backing away. 

"Oh! Her name is Sheba! She is amazing and the loveliest cat you could meet!" Ink chuckled at my enthusiasm a black tint darkening his cheekbones which I presume was blush. "You seem to love her a lot, but do you love her more than me?~" He asked, chuckling, it was meant to be a joke, but inside I knew he was curious for an answer. "Most definitely! You could die for all I care, as long as she is okay."  I couldn't help but see a slight hint of sadness in him when I had said that though he knew it was only a joke.