{ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯-24 }

{The POV has been changed, writing in the third person is quicker in this case. Writing in Error's POV was fun, but had brought difficulty along with it.} 

_____________________________

❝The Soul Skipped two Beats-❞

_____________________________

"Ink..."

Shock struck through Error's soul as he stared down at the flower, a part of him knew this wasn't something they wanted to see. There was no doubting the flower was beautiful, but it still screamed danger in his eyes. 

He could see the thorns cutting Ink's tail, small streams of blood dripping down.  It was a wonder how the other didn't feel it. "Yes?" Ink questioned as he looked up at the other, noticing his frightened expression. 

Error lifted his hand as if he was about it say something, but nothing came out of his mouth as he continued to stare. "Is there something wrong?" 

Ink asked, recieving no response- with a huff Ink looked over to see what his lover was staring at, freezing as he noticed the flower. This wasn't good, not at all...

He recognised the flower the moment he saw it, the flower that caused this curse. It was progressing faster than he had thought and it frightened him, but he wasn't as scared a he should've been... his emotions felt, numb.

This had to be a side effect from the curse, but he couldn't remember the elders from his ocean saying anything about your emotions being numbed. 

That was also weird, he usually had a great memory. 

________________________________________________

Error watched as Ink looked stared at the flower as he had done. The other slowly looking away from the flower and up at him. "Is there any water nearby?" Ink's voice became monotone as he stared back to the flower, expressionless.

It sent shivers down the glitches spine, he hadn't seen Ink act like this before. It creeped him out, especially that voice. 

"Y-yes, do you need to go into the water?" Error could hear the tremble in his voice, wanting to stop talking instantly to hide his emotion. "I don't need to, but it would be nice." Inks voice was still monotone, sending another shiver down Errors spine. 

He needed Ink to stop with that voice, it was creepy and worrying. 

Error raised a hand, motioning the other to follow him. 

They walked down the sandy path toward a section where land met the water, Error looking occasionally at Ink. Why did he feel scared of Ink? It was like Ink was releasing a cold aura onto him...

Ink crawled into the water, situating himself so he was facing the other before looking back at the flower that was now in the water. 

The flower had a bright glow around it, little blue orbs circling it. It was even more magical in the water, but it wasn't able to fool the pirate's eye. "Shit, the curse must be progressing, this really isn't good, Error." Ink spoke, his tone shifted back to normal.