𝟒.𝟏𝟖 𝐈𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞

Brett and Lori had been running for what seemed like hours

Brett and Lori had been running for what seemed like hours. Rain hitting the two of them as they ran. It seemed like people were never gonna stop coming after them. The two had finally gotten to the school, where Jules and Kira had told them to go as Brett called them for help, not knowing what else to do for he did not want to lead the hunters to their pack.

Lori leaned against the fence near where the buses were parked, catching her breath and looking behind her seeing Brett running to catch up with her. She continued running but the rain didn't help the situation and she soon slipped and fell. "Get up, Lori. Come on. Run!" He tells her as he helps her up and pushes her forwards

"Run! Go!" He yells as an arrow makes its way into his shoulder. Lori running ahead while he takes the arrow out nearly missing another one. A hunter comes up from behind him, hitting the boy with his crossbow and knocking him to the ground. Once Brett hits the ground something in him snapped, his eyes began to glow and he grabbed the man by his shirt throwing him against the bus and running to catch up with his younger sister. 

"Wait, wait! Lori, stop!" He tells her as she makes her way onto the open field. Once making it to the middle of the field the lights turned on. The two siblings looked around them, both standing as close as they possibly could, knowing that this would be their last moments alive.

"Brett...Brett, what's happening?" Lori asks her brother as she grabs his arm tightly. "Close your eyes." He tells her as the arrows are aimed to his heart. Brett taking one last breath before closing his eyes. The arrow almost making its way into his heart, but not before Jules and Kira got there. Kira slicing the arrow in half with her katana.

"Run!" Kira yells at them as Jules grabs the hands of the two siblings leading them towards Kira's car. Kira staying behind to break the rest of the arrows. The three almost making it to Kira's car before a hunter makes his way towards them. Jules letting go of their hands and running towards the hunter, her claws growing and her eyes glowing. The hunter almost shooting an arrow at her before she get the upper hand, taking the crossbow from his hands and breaking it. She kicked the man with her leg and grabbed him by the shirt, pushing his head onto the ground repeatedly until she was sure that he was out. Jules looking up to see Kira running towards them, Jules throwing the keys at the girl as all 4 of them get in the car.

"Y'know I'm getting pretty tired of saving your life." Jules tells him as Kira begins to drive to Deatons. "I'm not." He tells her as she leans on his shoulder, something that she had made of habit of doing. When they finally got there, they found Satomi, and the rest of her pack already waiting there for them. "Satomi this is-." Kira began before Satomi interrupted her.

"-Jules Mccall...I know who she is." Satomi says as she smiles at Brett who looked around awkwardly. Jules walked up to Kira hugging her. "Thank you, for helping me." She tells her as Kira hugs her back. "I'll always help you Jules. Be more careful next time yeah? You almost got hit by an arrow too."