𝟔.𝟗 (𝐃𝐢𝐬)𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐜𝐭

"My mother had a hypnotist who helped her quit smoking

"My mother had a hypnotist who helped her quit smoking. She had me see the same one when I was ten." Lydia grabs a notebook and pencil as she explains what's about to happen. "You smoked when you were ten?" Scott questions as the group stands around anxiously. "No! I bit my fingernails. Just find a lighter or a candle, please." They look around only for Malia to pull out a blowtorch. "Too much?" Jules nods quickly at this only as Malia chuckles at her reaction. "I got one." Scott says pulling out a dance.

"What's that?" He questions when he sees what Lydia wrote on one of the pages in the notebook.
"An induction script. One of you guys is going to have to talk me through this." Lydia gives the notebook to Malia who looks at it questioningly. "So I just read?"

"Well, you have to soften your voice. Keep it relaxed, but not monotone. Go for clarity, not volume. Try it." Lydia tells her encouragingly. Malia places her finger in the page and breathes in deeply. "Take...a... deep...breath...and...look...at...the...candle-" Lydia immediately rips the notebook away from Malia and gives it to Scott.

He looks at her for confirmation and Lydia only nods. "Take a deep breath and look at the candle. Feel the muscles in your body begin to relax. You hands relaxing. Your eyelids relaxing. As you relax, imagine you're sitting in front of a TV. When you turn the TV on, it's going to play memories from your life.The remote gives you total control. You can play any memory you want.All you have to do is hit the button." He reads off the paper and Lydia is transported to an empty classroom with a TV in the middle of it. She continues to press the button as she sees Stiles visiting her. Then as she pressed the button again she taken to the winter formal where Stiles had asked her to dance.

"Fields Medal." Lydia whispers out from her memory as the group all look at her with curiousness.  "Nobel doesn't have a prize for mathematics. Fields Medal is the one I'll be winning. " Lydia continues as Scott looks down at the paper and back up to Lydia. "Find another memory. Keep looking for Stiles. Find another memory." He says loudly as Lydia's hand stops pressing a button.

She stops at the memory where Stiles had a panic attack. She remembers dragging him to the locker room, both had fallen to the floor and Lydia placed her hands on Stiles' face to call him down but it didn't seem to be working. That's when the one thing that would change their dynamic happened. "That's when it happened." Lydia says as tears begin to fill her eyes. "When what happened?" Jules immediately holds her hand to calm her down as Lydia's breathing increases. "When I kissed him...That's when it all changed." Her voice cracks as she remembers when he had been taken.

"I saw him I was there! I was the last person to see him!" She says now full in crying. She pauses for a moment before opening her tear-filled eyes. "I never said it back." Lydia says sadly as they all look at her while her heart fills with sorrow. "I never said it back." This left the group silent as Lydia's sobs fill the room. Suddenly a rumbling from outside makes them all turn their heads. They go outside to see nothing however that didn't seem to be the case for Lydia. To Lydia that corridor wasn't empty. She was seeing a bright green light with a shadow that resembled Stiles. "Stiles! Keep going!" She yells as Jules turns to look at Scott who was just as concerned as she was.