𝟔.𝟏𝟑 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Brett remembered the fire that killed his parents like the back of his hand

Brett remembered the fire that killed his parents like the back of his hand. He remembered the smell, the fogginess in his eyesight caused by the smoke, the screams. He remembered the way he rushed to Lori and brought her out of the house. Lori had tried running back in to rescue their parents but Brett had his arms tightly wrapped around her. He was sure his parents would make it out in their own.

It was one of his life's biggest regrets. He wished he would've gone back in to save them. Then they could've been a big happy family. It was one of the scariest moments of his life.

And now here he was again, running for his life. Brett tried to call for help through his cell phone but once seeing that he had no cell service he sighed in displeasure. He tried steadying his breathing as while he had been running Monroe shot an arrow into his chest.

He grabs the arrow with his hands and tries to pull it out but fails. He tries again but to no avail. There was only one other thing he could think of be he knew it was a risk. He looked doubtful as he placed his hand on a tree he had stopped. He pushes himself against the tree and the arrow rips through his body and falls from his back.

Thanks to his enhanced-hearing, he could hear the sound of footsteps as he realizes Monroe and Gerard—who had accompanied her to teach her his ways—were closing in on him but he remains hidden and quiet.

Monroe turns to Gerard as he crouched down looking for any clues to her Brett's location. Suddenly they hear a sound of a ringtone coming from Brett's phone which makes him purse his lips.

Brett takes the chance to run before they can get to him and he succeeds. He makes it far away enough to the point where he can see them, but they can't see him. As Monroe and Gerard made their way to the ringtone, Brett took the chance to fire back the arrow that Monroe had shot into him.

Brett reveals himself from the trees and smirks slightly at her reaction. His smirk falters however as Monroe takes out her shot gun and aims it at him. But with his speed and agility he begins to run and avoids being shot at leaving Monroe disappointed. This wasn't the end for her however.

She wasn't going to give up until she was sure Brett Talbot was dead.

***

Jules hadn't even gotten her license and yet here she was driving herself and Lori to her house in Brett's car. She was surprised that she hadn't been pulled over due to her speeding but at that point Lori couldn't care less. She knew when Jules had called her something bad had happened, she could feel it in her stomach.

They both rushed inside after Jules' bad parking job but who could blame her. Lori had Brett brown lacrosse stick in hand and once Scott saw them he immediately hugged Jules knowing she would be in a panicked state. Scott had also called Malia and Liam to come along seeing as the group needed all the help they could get.