𝟓.𝟏𝟖 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐬

Memories

Memories.

Your memories are the things you always hold onto. Even if they were happy, sad, funny, it didn't matter. They shape who you are, they are something you never want to lose.

But Jules wasn't given a choice. They were taken away against her will. But now she was here standing outside on her porch with Brett by her side while she rubbed her hands on her jeans due to the nerves. She had betrayed her friends, her family. She had believed Theo of all people.

"I don't even think they want to see me I mean...I didn't believe them, how could I." Jules starts as her breathing begins to get heavier. "How could I do that to them." She finishes in a whisper as she stares at her door while Brett grabbed her hand. "Jules none of this was your fault. Yeah you may have been on the wrong side for a bit, but that what matters is that you've remembered. Do you know what Scott said to me before you got your memories back? He told me to bring you back. Right now the only thing that matters to him is having his sister back." Brett says to Jules which makes her feel slightly better about the situation.

She took a deep breath before opening the door to see Scott and Melissa sitting at the dining table. Jules couldn't even get a word out as they both made their way to her and hugged her as tightly as they possibly could. Brett just stood by the dirt as he observed the family reunion which made him smile. It made him remember his own family. He remembered the way he would play with his Dad in their backyard while his Mom braided Loris hair. He remembered the way he would pick flowers and place them in Loris hair to make her feel like a princess.

But his silence didn't go unnoticed by Melissa, and she immediately grabbed his hand pulling him into the hug. Brett had his arms at his sides at first but after a few seconds he wrapped his arms around them. Jules could feel herself getting this warm feeling as they all hugged. "I'm sorry for not trusting you." Jules tells them as Melissa nods her head 'no' as she begins to cry. "It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter." Melissa says as she wipes her tears.

Scott wasn't one to cry but in this moment that seemed like all he was able to do. It had been such a long time since he was able to hug her and seeing her in front of him, knowing that she was back to her normal self couldn't have felt better. "Mom's right. It doesn't matter." He says as he looks at Jules which makes her smile brightly.

"All that matters is that we're a family again."

***

Even through all the shit they had been through Beacon Hills was still set to play against Devenford in the charity game. It had been such a long time since Jules had even held a lacrosse stick in her hand. She knew she would be a little rusty but right now all she could focus on was the way Brett was being interviewed by the local news station.

"We hear Devenford Prep and Beacon Hills have a long-standing rivalry." The interviewer asks Brett, making him laugh. "Devenford always plays to win, but especially when it's for charity." Brett answers her which makes Jules roll her eyes in the process. "And especially when 100% of the proceeds go to the winning team, isn't that right?" She asks him.