Unforgiven

The scorching heat was unrelenting in its wrath. The wolves stood in apprehension taking shelter under every shade available. They were forced to endure the brutality of the radiating heat. It wasn't a choice. Today marked the day when the former alpha would repent for his deeds.

Two large metal strings were attached to the arms of the muscular man. At the end of the metal were two giant boulders firmly fixed with the rope. Einar looked at the sky above and slowly wiped off the sweat which formed on his forehead. He glanced at every face which either looked at him with worry or either in pity. 

Everybody but one.

Beatrice sat on her royal throne whose back sprung a large umbrella upwards while four enforcers guarded her throne from every corner. She occasionally smirked and huffed at the pitiful state of Einar. She felt proud for she was responsible for everything that would occur from a few moments onward.

Einar looked at his loved ones in shame and sorrow. He couldn't bear the agony, the pain his mother was suffering right now. His father though with a tough exterior, was on the brink of losing his constraint of emotions. Garrick looked equally worried while Rosaline fidgeted her fingers with nervousness. Everyone was scared of the outcome.

Einar than slowly swiped his gaze to the one face he wished he hadn't looked at. Standing afar from everyone else was his mate in all his handsomeness, looking slightly worried but his smile remained intact and glued to Einar. He smiled through his eyes and nodded in assurance for this was his way to encourage the man he loved. 

Einar lost his eye contact when Beatrice spoke all of a sudden. "Well then, I don't think we should wait any longer. The sun is at its peak which means that you are ready to go." She leaned ahead and devilishly smirked at Einar "Pay for your sins."

Einar growled lightly in anger but he kept his mum for he was ready to suffer what Beatrice had to offer. The day when he attacked his pack members rendered him an obsolete alpha. A man who was seen as a destroyer rather than a protector. He knew that the royal council would use his vulnerability as an opportune moment to prove that the pack was in doldrums. Though his father's timely intervention had saved the pack to an extent but the damage was done.

 Beatrice smiled at everyone present and ordered the gong to be belled thrice. Everyone looked in anticipation as Einar had to seek forgiveness for his deeds. He had to pull the large boulders with his brute strength to the other side of the pack where his forefathers laid in peace. He then had to carve the name of his grandfather and put the stone right besides the grave. But all this was to be done before the sun was up the next day.

For even a muscular man like Einar the stones were heavy to pull. Besides the length he had to travel seemed impossible to cover in a span of one day. 

The first step of Einar looked impossible. He gritted his teeth vigorously while all his veins popped up to rush the flow of blood, to provide him the energy to pull. He moaned in frustration and slowly inched forward slightly displacing the boulders.

Callan looked worried from afar and though his conscience was against it, he decided to intervene. He joined his thumbs and overlapped them face to face. As if on cue the weight which was being carried was lighter and easier to pull. Einar was astonished at his strength for the stones were moving fast and he could cover more distance.

The people around were amazed by the strength the man possessed while the alpha mates were partially relieved that Einar was able to circumvent this obstacle. Callan was trying his best to keep his identity hidden and use his powers without being detected. However his efforts were draining him. The more time this went on the more he was deprived of his energy.