Epilogue 2

****

"Why isn't he healing?" Einar asked worriedly.

The occasional shuddering of the disfigured face of Garrick was indeed concerning. It had been weeks since the unfortunate incident but the scar on the beta's face was just the same. The flesh that tore open diagonally wasn't integrating as it should be. In fact it oozed blood with a mere wrong movement which would cause a great deal of discomfort to Garrick.

"There is no cure for the curse of the supreme one." Aurora was nonchalant in her reply "Your friend here will notoriously be known as the scarred one."

"There has to be a way to treat him. May be Fayette could help?"

"For the love of Luna! Please keep the poor girl out of it. As if your friend hasn't done enough." 

The tone was rude, the words bitter.. but the truth was hard hitting. Einar heaved a large sigh for he felt helpless at the moment.

Garrick had sinned.

When Fayette came begging for help to her mate he relentlessly put forward his condition. He demanded that she slept with him if she had to meet her friend. Fayette was  livid with the unashamed proposal of the man. She even considered backing off but Callan's life was at stake. She had to make sure he was alive and so unwillingly against her heart she caved in.

Garrick's insecurities were dozed off but in the process he jeopardized the sanctity of the bond bestowed by the luna. Against the will of of the human Garrick had marked her making sure that she mates none and one day realize his true worth.

But that never happened.

Fayette's hatred towards Garrick grew tenfold and she vowed to never see the man again in her life.

Einar was angry at the actions of his friend and he reprimanded him for his behavior but the damage had been done and perhaps he was suffering the consequences of the same.

Aurora was trying her best to heal the ill man. However there wasn't an ounce of sympathy or emotion which she displayed while treating Garrick. She just went on as if she was meant to do her duty and nothing else. Einar was well aware of the indifference she showed. She was justified in her behavior he thought. After all he raided her house and destroyed her life's work. Moreover he put her on house arrest, suspicious that she would help Callan escape.

 Little did he know that the four walls of the alpha house were not enough to stop her from reaching out to her friend.

Moreover the fact that Callan was something beyond a mere human never occurred in his mind. He was so occupied with his insecurities that he never once doubted the handsome man. 

"I still cannot wrap up my mind through things. Callan.. how?"

"It was always meant to be." Aurora whispered to herself. She calmly put aside the thick medicated lotion and turned to face Einar "Since you were born.. actually even before you were born."

"I always thought of it as the folklore." Einar huffed "A story that was a bad omen."

"It was true."

"Why did he never tell me?"

And that was the question. He still could not understand as to why Callan would leave such an important aspect of his life hidden from him.

"He loved you but could never trust you."

The words stung but they were true. Love wasn't a problem in their relationship; it was always trust. Einar was heartbroken but realized that Callan might have had his reasons. Moreover, he lost the right to judge him when his own ledger was overfilled.