The Blessed And The Cursed

Night had come around again too soon. Aurora rested her head to the wood of the front door. Her hands ferreted inside her pocket for the keys of the house. With two heavy bags in her hands and a large strap containing potion bottles attached to her waist, she breathed heavily as she stepped in. The sudden downpour had made her return bothersome. The water from the skies saturated her dress heavily which added to the weight she was already carrying. The exhaustion forced her to relieve all the load to the ground at one instant. She sighed deeply and clutched her stomach to take in more air and energize herself.

 When she turned around to put the things on its places she gasped in horror and surprise. 

Sitting at a corner of the dark room was a man who was drenched completely. Water dripped from his fabric to the ground. His head was bowed while his knees were bent as he hugged them. For a moment all was silent, then the lightening boomed and the witch froze in her spot. Flashes of light sparkled the dark room on and off.

 Aurora looked at the glowing metal and assessed that her friend was in distress. She lit up the room with candles and quickly made her way to him. Keeping her hand on one of his knees she enquired "What's wrong Callan?"

The lightening resonated a loud sound as the roof boomed with heavy water drops. "You tell me what's wrong.." The voice was low and sounded upset.

 Callan was not raising his head which made Aurora tensed "Are you sad about something? Your worrying me! Talk to me please..."

What followed was a pregnant pause before the voice spoke again "I am feeling betrayed."

"Betrayed by who?"

"You." He whispered as he slowly raised his head. The droplets of water had wet his face completely while beads of rain were shining on his already glowing skin.

Aurora was staggered for a moment when he saw an expressionless Callan staring at her intently "W-What d-do you mean m-me?"

Callan exhaled a steady breath before he spoke "My father told me years ago that I cant be loved. That I have to live my life alone forever. I believed every word he said. I expressed my loneliness, my sorrow with you. When everyone including me believed that I was not blessed with a mate, you thought otherwise. You were of the opinion that there was someone somewhere made just for me. The other half of my soul. Why..?" He whispered the last part as he kept his gaze affixed as if searching for answers.

"Why what?"

"Why were you so adamant Aurora? Why were you so against every of my relationships? You were never happy with any of the girls I fell in love with cause you were assured that my mate would show up some day or the other. How were you so sure?"

The confident stature of the lady was faltering as the questions asked were surprising her in an odd way "What has happened to you Cally? Why all these questions?"

"A funny incident occured today." Callan's breath quivered as white fog appeared from his mouth due to the cold shivers "A she-wolf came to me and said that she was my mate.."

"That cant be.." Aurora whispered in surprise.

Callan slightly tilted his head as his eyes narrowed "She said that she was waiting for me for years and that she has finally found me. I believe you were right Aurora. I have finally found the one.."

"She's lying!" Aurora was quick to retort.

Callan continued as if he never heard the healer "She says the signs are there and I believe her. She wants me to join her pack. I have decided to go with her and leave this pack forever. So I guess this is goodbye for now Aurora."