Challenged

"So he has been caged." Stanislas said at once as he sighed with relief.

The view from the huge balcony provided access to the beautiful garden below. The steady rise of the water flow from the fountains was articulating an account for the feeling of content of the king. Stanislas turned his head right when he heard his guest speak.

"Yes sir. He has been kept in the deepest parts of the dungeons where wolves with serious charges of treason or threat are prisoned."

The smile on the kings face soon faded as he got thinking. He looked confused for a moment and uttered his doubt "What is wrong with Einar?"

The question was aimed at no one particular. However both the men were surprised to hear a third voice "He is playing his part." Nevart spoke as he closed the doors of the platform and soon positioned himself besides the king "It was expected of him."

"I don't get it."

Nevart chuckled. He was about to explain his theory but his attention was caught  by the visitor standing behind. He eyed the king and whispered "I will tell you later."

"With all due respect sire, you promised revenge on that bastard."

"Patience my dear Richard." Stanislas smirked devilishly "You will get what you want."

But the wolf was seemingly restless. It was quite evident from his gestures that he wasn't satisfied with the outcome. "Why cant I kill him?" He questioned "The poison was enough to do the job."

"We have killed two birds in one stone. Einar is helpless and Callan will be aloof from him."

"The alpha doesn't like the human. I don't understand what you are trying to do?" Richard rose his voice in anger. However at this moment the disobedience portrayed by Richard was irritating Stanislas. His smile vanished as he stared with dominance at the wolf. His aura was such that Richard had no choice but to submit before the kings authority.

 "Pardon me sir." he lowered his eyes.

"You are naïve Richard." Nevart interrupted "With a little more patience and obedience you will finally avenge the death of your beloved. Killing Callan is too easy a punishment for him. Let him endure every pain in his life like he made you suffer."

That got Richard thinking. The bitterness in him gave justifications for every action against the handsome man. He wanted Callan to suffer much more than he did. He wanted Callan to be subjected to the pain endlessly for the loss of his mate. He wanted to see the destruction of the man and he would leave no stone unturned for it.

"That despicable human deserves everything that is happening to him." a treacherous bead rolled through his eyes as he gritted his teeth in anger.

Stanislas and Nevart gave the wolf his own time to collect himself. Meanwhile both the friends eyed each other as if they were having having a secret conversation of their own. Nevart sighed and asked all of sudden "Does he know about the attack?"

"I don't think sir."

Nevart nodded and tapped his chin in pensiveness of his thoughts. Both the king and Richard waited patiently, confused at the silent behavior of the priest. Nevart snickered in his own thoughts as he looked at the king "It is settled then." he then looked at Richard "Your next job is to deliver him the good news. You know what you have to do."

"Of course I do." A sinister smile made its way to Richard.

"You may leave." the king looked at the wolf with pride "Your loyalty will be rewarded my son."