Invitations

The entire open field was stunned by the revelation of their future Alpha. Ragnar and Zelda were inexplicably happy while the entire pack congratulated the Alpha through their mind link. Unbeknownst to everyone around, Einar was still looking intently at somewhere in the jungle with an innocent smile and happy eyes. Garrick was happy for his friend but when he tried to link him, Einar did not respond to any mind link calls as he was consumed in his own thoughts.

Garrick was eager to know what was causing Einar to block him. He quickly looked around to see what his friend was possibly seeing but found nothing intriguing. He looked again and found the only person in his line of sight at that moment was CALLAN.

Callan was standing near a faraway tree with his mother and was merrily having a conversation with her. Whenever Callan laughed or smiled Einar's eyes glowed with content. This behavior of Einar was certainly taking Garrick off guard. He was amused and confused at the same time.

Ragnar then hugged his son and patted his back once more which made Einar to focus on the current situation in hand unwillingly.

"Words can't explain how happy I am today! You have given me a bundle of reasons to cherish and celebrate. I am glad you can finally take what rightfully belongs to you." Ragnar was teary eyed but had a constant smile on his face. The tears of joy made everyone around him emotional including Einar.

It was the turn of his mother next. She hugged and kissed her son with absolute delight.

"Now I can finally expect a few grandchildren from you." Einar's smile faltered while the ladies around were giggling and the men smirked gleefully at the state of Einar's facial expressions.

"Let the child breathe Zelda." The Alpha chided. He stood besides his son and signaled Peter to do his job.

Peter howled to gain everybody's attention. The Alpha then cleared his throat. "On this auspicious day of my son returning to his pack and finding his mate I hereby announce that we would have a grand celebration on this coming full moon day."

The crowd erupted in cheers and howls expressing their joy and congratulated the Alpha and Luna once again. People gathered around Einar to pay their regards but Garrick could possibly see what no other person had yet noticed.

Einar was not happy.

Einar was trying very hard to keep a constant face but his eyes gave him away. Being with him for almost all his life, Garrick could detect that something was wrong with him. But instead of interrogating him about it, he thought to give some space to his friend. He presumed that Einar would explain himself when the time was right.

****

It had been a week since the return of the future Alpha and the pack was already booming with joy and excitement everywhere. The preparations for the grand feast were already on the way while it was decided that the coronation ceremony of the Alpha be carried out at the earliest.

Callan was having breakfast with his pet bird and his mother when his father hurriedly barged through the door.

"Hey honey. Why are you in a rush?" Mary asked her mate.

"There is a lot to do with a very limited amount of time." Justus picked up some papers from his shelf and was heading back to the entrance door.

"Atleast have something to eat." Mary pleaded her mate.

"I will eat later honey." He kissed Mary's forehead, looked to his son and said "Cally, make sure you visit the Alpha on time."

"I'll be there father." With that, Justus quickly made his way out of the house.