Too Close Yet Too Far

In the bright early morning, Einar struggled to open his eyes. Today had been the most pleasant day in his entire life. He felt content, he felt happy, overjoyed for he was not restless about a certain person last night. His rhythmic heart beats were at a comforting slow pace. He breathed in deep and looked at the welcoming rays of the early sun, scratching its way through the window. The curtains added an orange glow to the morning light. He reached for the fabric beneath noticing the warmth of the material. With the warmth came a faint mesmerising aroma which reeled his senses on a high alert. He looked sideways and sucked in a lot of breath in astonishment.

Sleeping besides him was a shirtless Callan!

He frantically moved his head around and noticed that he was out of his place. He sniffed smells to confirm that the house belonged to Ashtons. He could not come up with the explanation as to why he was in Callan's house out of all the places. The more important question being; why was his mate sleeping besides him partially naked?! 

Unintentionally his eyes went to the torso of Callan. He noticed small amount of hair surrounding the nipples to the the line of fine strands reaching from his chest to his belly button all the way to his groin area. However when he looked at his perfectly sculpted abs his mouth went dry. Callan was beauty personified! His flawless skin could put all the gods to shame. Though nudity was a norm in the werewolf world still Einar was being all shy and nervous in the presence of his mate. The urge to touch that physique was overwhelming. Einar in his own trance reached for Callan's rhythmic heart. He was about to touch Callan's chest when the handsome man hummed in his sleep. The sleepy melodic voice brought Einar out of his daze and he pulled his hand back.

 He wanted to distract himself from the beautiful body and so his eyes went straight for his face. That was even bigger a mistake..

The pure bliss of watching this beautiful man sleeping with him was making Einar nuts. The shallow breaths Callan took increased Einar's palpitations. His perfect shiny black hair covered his temples while his fluffy pink lips were inviting enough to make Einar crazy. He was thankful though that Callan's eyes were closed. Had it been otherwise, the fire in Callan's eyes would have burnt Einar through and through. Just a look and all of Einar's senses would have come crashing through. Before his heart lost its control Einar decided to leave the place and head for his home.

He carefully landed on his feet. His head throbbed and his legs wobbled but he still managed to cross the door with great difficulties. In his rush he did not realise that he had been on medication and so the weakness. Moreover the fact that he was in his bare essentials lying with his half naked mate added to his woes. He made his way down to the main hall and searched for the kitchen. All the sexiness of his mate had made his mouth dry and accelerated his heartbeat. He opened the lid of a few water containers but found it empty. He saw a jug of water lying near the burner and reached for it. Unfortunately there was not a single drop of water in it. He tilited it upside down in hopes to quench his thirst but it failed.

Einar was startled when a glass of water appeared in his line of sight right in front of his chest. He gulped and sharply exhaled as a sexy half naked man was holding the glass with a smile. 

"Here.. take it." Callan pushed forward the glass "You should have woken me up. There is no water in the house currently. The one barrel which was left was used up in your medication and healing."

Einar just hummed and pretended to listen to what Callan had to say. When in reality his mind was distracted by the sheer amount of flesh his mate was displaying. The disheveled hair of his mate were dangling through his forehead while the beautiful forest green eyes were tempting Einar to kiss Callan. His train of thoughts were put on hold when a hand was been waved in front of his eyes.