Me For You

The light of the day had been replaced by the unrelenting darkness of the night. Callan took in a deep breath and sucked in the air which resembled the fresh aroma of the wood. he was standing near the foot of the high hill which was his one and only spot. the place which was unknown to everyone. but not after tonight.

Callan was quite nervous as he tapped his foot occasionally and marched his legs to and fro to calm his racing heart beat. The moon graced the sky and soon the entire land was bathed in its luminosity. he looked at the stars in curiosity and wandered what looked more beautiful. The sky draped in the twinkling or the white macule which glowed in serenity.

The little smile which coloured his face soon vanished for he remembered the reason he was here tonight. he felt the soft panic rushing through his brain for he contemplated to be in the place. all the reasons to not do this crawled over his thoughts and he was dubious once again. he took a deep breath in and braved his heart.

Callan could not back down now..

he looked at the rushing water from the edge of the cliff when another voice attracted his attention. he slowly turned his back to see a black fog surrounding one muscular man who grinned like the happiest person in the world. he stood at a casual distance from the handsome man as he bowed his head in affection.

Callan nodded in response and hummed in apprehension. He occasionally bit his lips while his lips moved to utter some words but failed every time. 

The demon saw the quandary and sighed "I see you are still not comfortable in my presence."

Callan absentmindedly nodded "it will take some time.." he exhaled a deep breath and gulped before saying "You said you would answer my questions when we meet next."

"I did." The demon smiled. He saw that Callan was still nervous as he rubbed his thumb to the back of his other palm. The spirit realised that his beloved was in two minds and a bit uncomfortable at the moment "How about we sit somewhere and talk. It would help you calm down."

Callan nodded again. In the next instance Callan joined his little finger and thumb and swirled it in a big circle above his head. A large boulder near the shore was displaced from its place as it levitated to move towards the demon. Callan repeated the gesture again as another rock floated in the air to land where he was standing. He gestured the demon to sit as he took his place on the rock in front of him. 

Though the demon was disappointed that Callan chose to sit away from him, he understood where he came from. The spirit realised that he cannot rush things. Callan had to be given his time and he should not be forced to accept the spirit. 

Callan could not hold his gaze for more than a few moments as his inner turmoil restricted his actions and his resolve dithered. what followed was an awkward silence for a long time before the other worldly being taking charge "you have finally known to use your powers."

And that did the trick.

Callan smiled a little as he looked at his hands in wonder and flapped them. he lifted his chin at the demon with gratifying eyes "I have been practising in secret." he took a breath of confidence to utter those words which were on his minds for a very long time "I-I know that you have expectations from me. I was literally shocked when I came to know that I happen to have a mate. not that I wasn't happy." He paused for a brief moment "its just that I-I wasn't expecting..."

"Me.."

"A male as a mate and.." he bit his lips in hesitation "Of course you."

"I get it." The demon lowered his eyes in disappointment. He wavered in his tone as he asked "do you regret having me as your mate..? I have nothing to do with actions of the human."