A Ray Of Hope

The flow of the tip of the feather smoothly carved writings in a definitive manner. Parchments one after the other were cleared from the table in a hurried way. Alpha Ragnar immersed himself with heaps of paper and looked at the pending work in dismay. The days since his return, he was burdened both emotionally and mentally to persuade his people to not leave him. He rest his case and even pleaded when necessary to assure the pack wolves about their safety. On the other side he was slowly starting to lose faith in his own flesh and blood.

Einar was one of the strongest beings in the entire world. Moreover the knowledge and wisdom he possessed to administer the pack excelled even the veteran leaders from around the world. However Ragnar was left stranded when his only son led to the downfall of the pack. He was clueless for Einar's behaviour. He was worried for he did not know the road ahead.

He needed help.

Just as the feather tip was dipped in the black adhesive, Ragnar turned his attention to the main door. He smelled a familiar aroma and slowly rested the feather to its place.

After a few anxious breaths Justus arrived on the main door and knocked "May I step in alpha Ragnar?"

"Please come in."

Justus bowed in acknowledgment and marched his footsteps towards the large table. Ragnar gestured the man to sit and Justus obliged willingly "What can I do for you?"

"Wait a moment." Ragnar stood from his place and reached for the main door. He looked outside on both the fronts to assure himself of being solitarily cloistered. He carefully closed the door and sat on the couch which was parallel to the chair on which Justus sat. The alpha took measured breaths before looking at a puzzled Justus. "Einar's female Rosaline has a lineage of witchcraft blood."

"That is unusual."

"In fact it is. I have been monitoring the Idris pack's movements and history since the day Einar told us about his mate."

This information was not new to Justus. In fact he himself had helped his alpha to chase details about some members of the Idris pack.

The man looked at the alpha sternly "To be on the safer side." He nodded in understanding "I get it."

"Precisely. One of the very crucial information which I collected was that the ancestors of the beta in command had a witch as a mate; back when inter species mating was not forbidden."

Justus furrowed his brows "So that means Rosaline is a descendant of the witch. Does she know?"

"I am sure she knows nothing about it."

Justus' feature reflected that of the alpha because he knew if the information holds any truth, the future of the pack would be jeopardised. "Are you worried that the girl will show the signs of awakening?"

"I have no answer to that."

Being a descendent of the witch implied that there were chances, though miniscule that Rosaline may inherit the powers. If that happens than by law the mate pairing will be held invalid and Einar would have to sever his ties with his luna to save the honour of the pack.

However when Justus carefully looked at his alpha he discerned something else "This is not the thing you are worried about.."

Ragnar smiled weakly "You know me well Justus." He slowly stood from his place and sighed a long breath before oscillating his steps in a fixed path "After the coronation ceremony I entrusted the pack to Einar with a heavy heart. I looked into his eyes and I knew he was afraid of something. Though he has all the knowledge in the world the thirst inside of him has died."