Making A Move

The jaw muscles of Einar twitched as with every passing moment the grip on Garrick's neck was tightening. While on the other hand Rosaline was desperately trying to separate the alpha from the poor man but her aiding efforts were pointless. Garrick's face had reddened and his eyes were bulged. The hold to his jugular was suppressing his supply of air.

The people which gathered outside the room were stunned to witness the horror. It wasn't as if they wanted to be mere spectators but getting involved with the head wolf would surely end their life and they knew that. Besides there was no person in the entire world who could stop the carnage once the alpha wolf was deranged. Nobody but one.

Callan's anxiousness grew for he was clueless at the moment. He could not understand what was causing Einar's ire to grow. However his cause of concern increased when he saw the red mist slowly appearing out of thin air and engulfing Einar. This meant that Orcus was making his presence felt. Callan looked at Aurora in skepticism and a bit hope but the terrified face of the healer said it all. She had no answer to Einar's madness.

Soon Garrick's eyelids gave up and he was drowsing in a deep sleep; his final sleep perhaps. Einar loosened his grip from the beta as Garrick fell to the ground unconscious and bleeding. Einar turned his back and focused his attention to a bewildered but scared for her life Luna. He grabbed a handful of her hair and raised her body above the ground. He growled ferociously before thrashing the lady to the nearest wall. Rosaline hurt her arm as she fell on the ground with a thud. The gasps and screams diverted Einar's focus once again as he looked at the panicked people who bowed their head and trembled in their feet. All of them kneeled in front of the higher power but the alpha wasn't having it.

He caught hold of the nearest table and smashed it on the entrance hurting some people in the process. This was when things went erratic. The wolves stood up from their places and stepped backwards to create some distance from the demented being. People scattered all around as they ran for their life. All of them except Callan. He stood his ground and panicked a little when he saw the bloody red eyes of the alpha and the red mist which was surrounding him.

Orcus had now taken over Einar completely.

The wolf smelled his environment when his eyes roamed all around but stationed at one particular spot; to his mate. His expressions softened a bit as he gazed at the one person he craved the most. However his features changed dramatically when he scowled and bared his teeth in aggression. He ferociously growled and ran on his feet with his might in the opposite direction leaving a baffled Callan behind.

Callan was speechless for a moment. He was sure that his presence would create the much needed diversion and Orcus would stop in his place. But nothing as such happened! He helplessly looked all around before stationing his gaze at a fearful Aurora who was standing a bit far from him.

"What has happened to him?"

Aurora's lips quivered "I-I have no answer to that.."

Callan sighed in frustration and ran his hand through his hair "We have to stop him."

"How? Orcus seems to have taken control over Einar's body. I thought when he would look at you his rage would be doused off."

Callan became pensive at the words. In general cases a mates presence was enough to calm the senses of a wolf. In matters where the wolf had become barbaric or out of control the elders would push forward the wolfs mate. This way the wolf in question would become serene and his wild nature was back in control.

Today however Callan was worried because this theory was futile and was proven wrong. The glint of hope when Einar was transfixed for a moment made Callan hopeful but his change of expressions in the next instant made him clueless and a bit panicked. He intently looked at Aurora "There is something wrong with the wolf." He whispered his words "Cant you do something.." He almost pleaded.