Where He Belongs

Dedicated to @listen2myheart_ The first person to have been reading my story and religiously voting every of my chapter. (I'm sorry for I always forgot to mention you in my previous chapters.)

********

The aroma of lilacs tantalized Einar's senses. His chest expanded as he slowly opened his eyes in a daze. He could feel the throbbing veins on his forehead while his body ached from head to toe. A moment of weakness caused his vision to be blurred as in the next instant he shed the sleep from his brain and willed his body to wake up. He pressed one hand on his forehead as his head exploded by the dull pain. He groaned and slowly sat up with his arched back rising from the bed.

Einar was muddled by a vigorous embrace as a soft voice spoke in his ears "I was so worried for you!"

Einar narrowed his gaze and intently looked all around. He was surprised to see that a number of people had joined him in his room. He looked at all the worried and relieved faces. Though at this moment he was puzzled about the situation, he gave them an assuring smile. He then got hold of Rosaline's arm and leaned her back.

Rosaline had been a crying mess. Her puffed eyes could not control her sad emotions as water flew continuously from them. Einar stared at the Luna in confusion while Rosaline lowered her gaze to hide her feelings. Einar sighed and held Rosaline's chin with his fingers to make her look up "Why are you crying?"

Rosaline pursed her lips as she could not utter any more words. Einar than looked around to station his gaze at his best friend who was standing not far away from the bed. Garrick weakly smiled at him and gestured through his eyes to address the people around. Einar briefly nodded before clearing his throat "I am really humbled by your concern but I believe I am fine now. Thank you all."

The members of the pack bowed one final time and made a beeline out of the room. Einar focused his attention to Rosaline "I think you should take some rest too. You look stressed."

"But you are..."

"I will be fine." Einar interjected "Besides Garrick will be there with me for now. You should go."

Rosaline nodded at once and gave Einar a quick hug before heading to the door.

Garrick closed the doors and quickly turned around to sit near the alpha. "Tell me what had happened?" he asked with curiosity.

"What do you mean?" The alpha looked surprised.

Garrick squeezed his brows in realization as he whispered to Einar "You don't remember anything.."

Einar in that moment closed his eyes as the muscles in his jaws were tightened. His knitted brows relaxed and tensed in a continuous manner as he spoke "I remember returning from the human village and then instructing Aldous and the other warriors. I also remember talking to you."

"After that.." Garrick asked with hopeful eyes.

"My head started spinning and I felt dizzy." Einar opened his eyes and pursed his lips "I tried to connect with someone but nobody answered and then.. I don't recall anything."

Garrick took a deep breath and looked to his left behind his shoulders. He was formulating a way to tell Einar what all had happened in his absence. On the other hand the alpha was being impatient. The pregnant pause was causing his veins to rush its flow. He was visibly scared of the unknown, about what possibly could have had happened "Your scaring me Garrick. Tell me!"

Garrick relaxed his composure and tickled his index finger to one of his brows "The pack was under attack as we presumed." he gulped and exhaled "However Lothar was clever enough to barge in from multiple fronts and cripple our army, our men. His original plan was to attack every village separately so that we could not get any time to save our people. He wanted to seize the alpha house in the meantime."