Out Of Control

The ground was soaked with the incessant rains. The rains had become a killjoy in the otherwise happy environment. The abrupt arrival of rainwater was unforeseen as the sky had been clear the entire time. But soon the sound of music was replaced by spine-chilling noise of thunder and lightning. The entire ground was turned into a pool of water. The pack was appalled with the sudden disappearance of the rains as well. It was as if the rains wanted to make its presence felt; like a warning.

Einar could not concentrate on his surroundings. His mind was wandering.

He was remorseful.

He knew that he owned his behavior, that he trigged the flicker of his emotions. It seemed unfair that no matter how much he strived to be the man his conscience wanted him to be, he still would have to carry the burden on his shoulders and kill his heart.

 He wanted forgiveness otherwise the memory of Callan's hurt face would haunt his memories tomorrow and the days which followed.

On the other hand, the pack had now assembled around the large open space. It was time for the celebrants to ask for longevity, prosperity and wisdom to Luna. As per the traditions the chief would be honored the duty to lit the bonfire. But the rains proved spoilsport here, the entire substance of heat had been wet due to the sudden downpour. Ragnar tried to ignite the bonfire but he failed miserably every time. The tradition was an offering to the Luna and if it could not be finished than as per the beliefs of the people, bad omen would follow the pack.

"Why don't you let Einar try? After all it's his birthday today; the Luna would definitely accept his offering." Ragnar agreed with Umberto.

"Come here son. Hold this torch and incinerate the bonfire. This would be your first step to reign in as the next Alpha." Ragnar's smug look said it all. He was happy that his son could finally carry his legacy forward.

Einar cautiously marched forward and held the torch in his hand with Garrick behind him. He was stiff and uninterested with the procedures that were going on. He gave the torch to Garrick while Garrick lit the torch and handed it back to Einar. When he reached the bonfire the illumination of the torch displayed a beauty; Callan was standing a few distances from the bonfire across the Alpha's son. Einar was mesmerized with Callan at the moment; his wet clothes hugged him tightly while his white shirt was transparent enough to show his beautiful skin.

Einar was turned on by the beautiful boy.

The beast inside him wanted to come out and be near Callan. Sniff him; taste him; devour him.

A slow tap on his shoulders brought him out of his trance.

"What are you waiting for? Light it up." Ragnar ordered his son.

Einar cleared his throat and concentrated on the task in hand. The moment the torch touched the bonfire, it doused off. The material was heavily wet and hence could not hold any fire. He tried once again but the result did not change. The pack members around were now tensed, the lighting of the bonfire was necessary for their procession to begin.

Aurora was standing near Callan and observed the situation. She knew that in order to light the bonfire her intervention was necessary. She quickly stood behind Callan's ears and whispered. "This may sound uncanny but I want you to concentrate on the bonfire. You were angry sometime before. Right?"

Callan nodded curtly.

"Channelize your anger at the bonfire. This will be your redemption."

Callan did what Aurora said. He focused his sight on the wet substance and remembered all the wrong that had happened to him today. He remembered all the pain, the suffering and the agony he had to endure because of Einar.