Unanswered

Callan looked at his father who nodded in approval before meeting the eyes of his Alpha "I want a ceremony on the full moon day to announce Viola as my chosen mate."

Einar tightly knit his brows as his mate continued to stare at him with hopeful eyes. He squeezed his nose every now and then. His hands twitched and he could feel a vein pulsating in his forehead.

"What did you say?" he menacingly whispered as his nostrils flared. He grinded his teeth while his eyes flickered from brown to devilish scarlet.

Callan could deduce that the Alpha seemed infuriated by his proposal. He did not miss the glint of hatred, the rage and tightening of the alpha's jaw muscles. Einar seemed angry beyond control..

But why?

 "I-I chose V-Viola as my mate.." Callan uttered with his withering confidence.

Burning rage hissed through Einar's body. How unashamedly could Callan profess his wish to mate someone else? No one was allowed to touch him, to caress him, to be with him other than Einar himself! It was like someone else staking a claim on what rightfully was his..

White knuckles formed from clenching his fist too hard, he gritted his teeth from an effort to remain silent. His hunched form exuded an animosity which was burning; slicing; potent. His face was red with the suppressed rage and when he saw his mate's desires directed at someone else, he snapped.

He held an end of the table and thrashed it to the wall on the left, breaking it in the process. The papers flew in air like swarming bees. He reached for Callan swiftly and clutched his throat by his bare hands. The circumference of Callan's jugular was being strangulated by the palms of the alpha.

"How dare you even think of mating any other wolf!" He said venomously.

The aura which emanated through Einar forced the spectators to reluctantly transfer their body weights to their knees. Even Ragnar was not untouched by it as he tried his best to fight this submission and help his dear boy come out of his fury. Justus on the other hand was helpless and shedding tears of misery for he knew that his only son was on the verge of being slaughtered.

Callan however was in his own trance. Though his trachea had been tightly gripped by the Alpha with great power, he hardly felt anything. He on the contrary stared at Einar with defiance. He slowly brought his palm to hold Einar's hand and threateningly whispered. "Leave me."

The feel of his touch helped Einar to regain his control. He rapidly blinked his eyes. He gasped and slowly released his hands from the man. Soon after, the men were on their feet and trying to create some distance between Einar and Callan. Though many people stood between them, they stared at each other like they were battling with their eyes. 

Einar clicked his thumb with his middle finger and pointed at Callan. "Listen carefully Ashton.. I wont let you mate with Viola or any other wolf. EVER!"

This statement fuelled Callan's anger and he was about to say something when his father and Peter dragged him outside the chamber forcefully. Ragnar hinted Garrick to take Einar away and so he did.

****

Back in his room, Einar's frustration was declining to alleviate. His bed was turtled upside down while all the lamp posts had been thrashed. The chairs and tables were broken while glasses were scattered wound into small brittle pieces all around the floor. He paced in anger while smashing his things at the wall. 

Garrick stood at a corner and patiently waited for his friend to cool down.

"How could he..." Einar threw a glass at the entrance door. He clenched and unclenched his fist and muttered just those words "How could he.."