Amendments

When Callan heard the words of the demon he stayed there for a moment. His heartbeats raised as his brain stopped functioning. He slowly raised his head and looked at the spirit. Fear travelled through his veins but it never made its way to his facial features. He let out an understated sigh and nonchalantly asked "What would happen to Einar?"

Though Callan was clever enough to mask his feelings the demon was quite aware of the dilemma going through the mind of the handsome man. Callan was expressionless to say the least but the demon quickly judged him by his raised heartbeat that his mate was lying "You seem worried about him."

Callan sighed in defeat and lowered his eyes. "I suppose I am." he spoke meekly.

Daragor smiled for he was happy the way things were shaping up. Though Callan didn't realise it, the demon was convinced that the handsome man has developed feelings for Einar. This also meant that Callan was close to forgiving the past mistakes done by his tormentor. A part of him was happy to see the concern in Callan's eyes. 

The demon held the chin of the handsome man with his fingers and lifted his head slowly. "Einar will stay." An untold joy sparked Callan's face. He looked at the demon with hopeful eyes as the spirit continued "He will be there in the hidden confines of the subconscious; inert in the depths of the mind."

Callan nodded in understanding "But I am just worried about.. " 

Just as he was about to finish his sentence he saw the demon clutching his chest tightly. The spirit grimaced with all his might as the pain in him forced him to take refuge on the ground. Daragor kneeled and rested one of his hands on the ground while he breathed abnormally to calm himself.

"What happened to you?" Callan kneeled besides his mate and stroked the back of the demon slowly to ease him of his pain "I am worried!''

"It is Orcus. He is trying to dominate." The touch from his mate did wonders as the once out of control situation was back to normal. However as soon as Daragor gained his composure he took his stance and gave a look of concern to his mate "I must leave."

"No! Please don't go.."

"You don't understand." Daragor caressed the cheeks of the handsome man "If I stay any longer the wolf would grab all the control and soon overtake this body."

Callan bit his lips and lowered his gaze to think, however after a few anxious breaths he sighed in confidence and said "Let him out. I am ready to face him."

Daragor was aware of the mental state of the man in front of him. He carefully pulled the man towards him and embraced him in a much needed hug. As Callan rested his chin on the shoulder of the demon his anxiety subsided a little. 

"You don't know what you are saying."

The hurricane of thoughts which swarmed his mind was oscillating his views from the positive to the negative and back again. However thinking of it too much was pointless at this time. Callan had to manage to get rid of his cynical behaviour. 

"I don't want to delay it any further."

"Orcus is an ancient wolf, and a possessive one to make things worse. The moment he gains control his only motive would be to mark you."

Callan's breath stuck in his throat and he clutched the back of Daragor's shirt tightly. Meeting and getting to know a person was different but binding yourself to him for eternity was a tough choice. Though eventually Callan would accept the bond and harvest the love which follows the mating, he didn't want to devote his entire life in a loveless bond.

At this point of time he really appreciated the efforts put in by Daragor. He wasn't dominating neither was he imposing himself in any way. On the contrary the demon made sure that his mate was well taken care of, that he was safe and happy. Callan was unsure of his advances when they first met but today he felt comfortable in his embrace. He wouldn't categorise it as love yet but still there was something special between the two of them.