Taken

Callan loved the fresh air that came from the ever onward road. The swarm of birds, the passing trees and the uneven path was all of a sudden mesmerizing him. He was delighted to say the least. He kept gawking at the man who rode the horse just in front of him and dreamily smiled at him without being detected.

Ragnar on the other hand was feeling frustrated. The map he held in his hands was inverting its position every now and then. He deeply sighed and concluded that the map is of no use from hereon. He communicated the same with Justus and it was decided that the wolves would travel along the path. However just after crossing some of the land, the horses neighed and stopped abruptly. Ragnar and the wolves were blindsided by the ample of white matter in front of them. 

"The map ends here." Justus looked worriedly at his alpha.

"But there is nowhere to go. Is this a trap?" Mary questioned 

"No. There has to be a way. If only the clouds could move a little."

Callan was right behind all of them and was sure that the fog was created to provide a distraction for visitors. He looked at the distressed faces of his parents and slowly moved his palm backwards. As if on cue the clouds dissipated on its own and a large metal door appeared out of nowhere. 

The wolves were left astonished and all of them exclaimed in surprise. The door stood lonely, midway in their path. The metal door was the size of a small mountain while its exterior was wrapped all around by strong vines and creepers.

 "It is as if the gods heard our plea." Zelda whispered in shock.

The metal doors made a screeching sound and slowly flapped its plates to open up. The wolves were taken aback when they saw a completely different world inside of the door from the one which was apparent in front of them.

"Are you sure we should step in?" Justus asked a pensive alpha.

"We have come a long way; there is no turning back now."

Ragnar gestured his convoy to follow him while he led the charge. As soon as they entered the gates, they were invited by mildly warm breeze and a pleasant atmosphere all around. The bushes which were spread on the ground chirped along the beautiful butterflies in joy. The trees were abnormally large while flowers blossomed wherever the eyes roamed. Amidst the happy nature were small huts made of bamboo which camouflaged its appearance to blend in with the atmosphere. They were sparsely scattered and poorly built. 

When the wolves announced their entrance, every member of the hut was out of his home to receive them with an unknown expression. Some gawked in sympathy while others bored their eyes in annoyance. The wolves felt a bit uncomfortable when they scanned the area. 

The people of the small village were all dressed alike. It was the same brown colored fabric wrapped around their waist and extending to their ankles. It was the only piece of cloth they were wearing. The most unnerving fact about them was the lack of hair on their body. Zelda and Mary gave a detestable look when they noticed the absence of any single strand of hair in the bodies of the villagers. 

Callan was aware that he was being watched. In fact the people of this village only noticed two people; him and his mate. He could see the look of pity and hate among them. As if their arrival was unwanted. 

"Why are all of them staring at us?" Though the question was directed to the alpha, Callan was as curious as his luna. Ragnar shrugged and continued for some more distance. He stopped when he saw a man with three other people in line looking intently at the alpha. 

Ragnar ordered the wolves to station their horses and he stepped down. He stood in front of the mysterious man and smiled in acknowledgement. 

"I bet it was you who replied to my letters."