Expulsion

The alpha office resembled a place of quietus. Zelda, Aurora and Rosaline were finding it difficult to control Mary who was inconsolable. On the other hand Callan stood strongly with his father whose head was bowed down in guilt. He couldn't bear to look into the eyes of his alpha.

Ragnar felt betrayed. He had been friends with Justus for centuries and was always close to him besides Umberto. It was hard for him to believe that his good friend had broken his trust.

"Why did you do it?" Ragnar asked accusingly.

The entire hall was silenced at once and all eyes were glued to Justus; waiting for an explanation. Justus took a long breath and slowly raised his head "I thought that it was the best for my child. At that time I was heavily induced by my passion to make Callan a warrior." 

He pursed his lips and lowered his voice "I wasn't thinking straight."

"There is a reason why every single person of the blue moon pack is barred from entering queen Katana's territory. You of all people know the reason why!"

Justus looked ashamed. He closed his eyelids and nodded. In fact he knew what the alpha was trying to imply. Queen Katana's island was a place where disorder prevailed. Apart from the queen, there was no other authority in place. Moreover the queen's mirthful activities was a cause of ire for many. She enslaved members of every species on the pretext of giving them a new lease of life. On the hindsight, her only motive was to gain control over everyone. She was to the further side of disposition and structure.

The ugly part of it all was that the queen enjoyed people's misery. Her way of entertainment was at the cost of someone's life. She arranged life threatening feuds for rogues in order to give them a chance to live a dignified life. However the loser was either killed or was tagged a slave till his last breath. These actions of the queen compelled the communities around the world to seclude her from their co-operation. She was left all alone to rule her own kingdom without any outside help.

The blue moon pack like every other pack had banned its members from having any association with the queen. However, Justus thought that Callan's mettle would only sparkle when he faced the real test. Justus' passion to see his child's bright future blinded him from realizing that Callan was indeed a child. Making him enter the feud was a risk of a lifetime.

 "I realize what you are trying to say my alpha. As I said earlier, I wanted to make Callan ready for every possibility."

"By risking the life of your only child!" princess Beatrice bellowed her voice and overtook Ragnar to stand face to face with Justus. She poked her finger to his chest and venomously spoke "You pathetic wolf.. Do you even realize that you were sending him on death missions for several years? A human child!" She turned her face to look at Mary in irritation "Oh! Woman will you please stop that noise! Its aching my ears now." 

Mary sniveled as her crying voice was lowered all of a sudden. She kept her head low while all her well wishers were eyeing Beatrice with distaste.

Ragnar cleared his throat "I think the matter concerns my people princess."

The princess turned back and huffed at the alpha. Ragnar on the other hand kept his cool "I will look into it if you may."

"Oh please!" she snickered derisively "What have you done so far? You were blind for so many years. You couldn't save your beta, you couldn't stop your own son from being a carnage, you didn't realize how your own good friend was stabbing your back for so many years." She huffed. 

She stretched the side of her lips "You are a pathetic excuse for an alpha I must say."

Ragnar's temper was rising with every passing moment. However his hands were tied for there was truth in what she said. Ragnar fisted his hands and hurtfully looked at Justus.