Deal With The Devil

The knock on her door caught Auroras attention and she was near the entrance at once. She opened the door to witness two buff men standing outside the door waiting to be welcomed inside. Aurora acknowledged both the men with a smile and gestured them to step in.

"I guess there is an emergency for you two to show up." Aurora spoke as she followed the men inside her cottage.

Arthur and Garrick sat besides each other and exchanged worried looks before Garrick spoke "I don't know what else to do?"

"We cannot handle the situation any longer." Arthur added

"I know there are problems right now but we have to wait for the alpha to arrive."

"But where is he? And why didn't he tell anyone where he was going?"

"This question I cannot answer Arthur."

"But at least you could tell us if they are safe and when they'll return."

"I tried to connect with Callan but he is not responding."

All of a sudden Garrick was tensed. He looked bewildered and a bit angry "Why is Ashton with them?"

"He was called."

"You know it isn't a good idea." He looked accusingly at the women in front of him. Aurora understood what the man was trying to imply but she kept her mum for this wasn't the right time for arguments.

However Garrick wasn't stopping his word bashing "The man is good for nothing. He is a burden to the entire convoy. He will put himself in trouble and disrupt the alpha and his mission. Had I known he was going to be involved in the mission I would have.."

"You would've what beta of the blue moon pack."

Garrick was left astounded by the sudden interjection as he looked at the source of the sound behind the witch. Two beautiful ladies appeared from the inner room and stood besides Aurora. Garrick was pleased to see the face he missed over the past so many days. However Fayette on the other side looked pissed at the man in front of her. The bowl which she held in her hands was constricted by the pressure she put through her palms. She was angry beyond measure.

"Listen here you..." Aurora held Fayette's arm and gestured her to not say anything right now. Fayette sighed and swallowed her anger. She focused her eyes on Arthur and bowed her head in acknowledgement. However the gamma looked completely captivated by the lady who stood besides Fayette.

The human giggled and waved her arm in front of Arthur "Staring is impolite." 

Arthur's brain froze for a moment before he realized what he was doing. He quickly shut his mouth and embarrassingly looked at the roof. Aurora and the two ladies giggled at Arthur's behavior.

Garrick looked apologetically at his mate for he realized he had hurt her "I never knew you were here."

"What would have changed beta? You would have still hated my friend."

Garrick was trying his best to keep his anger under check but when it came to his beloved his agitation soared. Garrick was always wary of the closeness the human had with his mate and he didn't like it. More importantly his mate was trusting another instead of her destined. This wasn't going too well with him

 "What is it to you." he scrunched his nose in frustration "Why do you care about him so much?"

The accusatory tone of the wolf made the environment tensed all of a sudden. Fayette's expression mirrored the same that of Garrick's and she was out of her patience. She couldn't understand the intense dislike which Garrick harbored within him but she couldn't bear to stand still when it came to Callan.