The Supreme Being

In the expanse of blue that lay before him, the toddler gripped his undivided attention to the sky which touched the earth. The surface of the lake was guarded by the lush green hills while the chorus of the birds added to the bustling of the otherwise serene environment. The lake was brighter and a bit glossy. However what attracted the child more was the reflection of the big orange globe whose image was distorted in the unstable water body.

The small kid was accompanied by a pair of opposite gender adults. He seemed reluctant to acknowledge the presence of his parents as his sole regard was for the nature's canvas which was spread before him. The lady kept the conversation going as she introduced the kid to the various earthly beings both living and non living while the male made it a point that the child physically came in contact with things so as to make his understanding better.

Blind from birth the kid was all about tastes, sounds and touch.

Over the five years since he was born the parents desperately tried to make things better for their child but all was in vain. More than his blindness it was the unresponsive behaviour of the kid that was worrisome. He never reciprocated neither did he responded to anything said and done. His mute behaviour depressed the couple as with passing years the theory of him being unable to speak was cementing its way.

After spending some family time in the lake side the mother went to hunt some food for her family while the male was in charge of looking after his kid. The minor was glued to the spot besides his father where he sat and intently looked at the sun. Unknown to them from a comfortable distance to the lake were two figures who were keeping a watch on the family from afar. They were keenly observing every move the child made.

The father went into a slumber as he was assured that his kid was safe in the vicinity. Moreover he was certain that the young one was not capable of any disturbance. A few moments later the scorching heat irritated the male as he scrunched his nose and gripped his eyes even tighter. Whereas his features relaxed when the clouds blocked the heat of the globe from reaching the ground. This intrigued the child like anything. He slowly swayed his tiny hands and the sun was visible yet again as the clouds moved. The heat made the man irked like before as he grunted his displeasure. The kid in his innocence again swayed his little hands to move the clouds forward and again the man's feature was tranquil. This odd behaviour of the man continued for a few more times until the child smiled and eventually giggled.

The kid laughed, a sweet sound unblemished by the hurts of life. The melody of his voice reached the desperate ears of his mother as she dropped the hunt in a jiffy and went straight ahead to her baby. It was something new for the lady. She just stared at the child in awe as tears of long lost happiness drenched her cheeks. The child's shoulders moved and his body bobbed a little as the laughter was overwhelming him. He moved his attention to the lady "Mother look at fathers face.." The angelic voice brought the father out of his slumber. With his half closed eyes he could see a small kid laughing his heart out while slurring words in his amusement. The remainder of his sleep vanished as he sat upright and hugged his child with love. Tears of joy were refusing to stop its flow. The parents rejoiced for they never felt more alive.

****

"So you are saying that when I was five I moved clouds with my hands." Callan gestured towards his hands and looked at Aurora as if she had grown two heads. He was trying to grasp what the witch was implying to say.

"Yes."

The affirmation baffled Callan. He had been in close contacts with almost every mystical creature there was but never had he heard anyone do a thing like moving a cloud. It was nonsensical. "How is that even possible!? And how is anything of it related to me being the unfortunate mate of that jerk?"