e i g h t

"Yes, Gemma, I will visit. No not around Christmas, mom is coming to see you though," Harry sighs while choosing the right bunch of bananas. 

He likes them ripe enough to eat straight away, the worst thing that could happen to him besides getting killed on his job is having to take a green bunch of bananas in the store. Both of those are very comparable, in his defense. 

While he's comparing every single banana the store has Gemma complains about him missing out on the holidays with his family. 

He's got the morning off since he worked last Saturday and is taking advantage of this time to go grocery shopping at a calm hour.

"I'll come after new years, I'm not in the mood for a big family get-together this year." 

"Why not? Is it because everyone always asks why you aren't settled down yet? That was my next question by the way," Gemma snickers.

Harry scoffs, "No, it's because work has been extra stressful and I can't leave here for a few days in the next two months. And no, I haven't, I'm strong and independent." 

Once he finally got the perfect bunch he made his way to the candy isle, don't judge him he's a single man who craves chocolate sometimes while watching a stupid romcom. 

He hears a child crying over Gemma who's chuckling in his ear over his previous words, when he looks behind him he sees a toddler sitting on the floor at the other side of the isle, crying for his 'papa'. 

Harry squints his eyes twice to finally realize it's Lucas. He says a quick goodbye to his sister, not even listening to what she's been saying, he had his full attention on the little boy from the moment he heard him. 

He walks over as fast as he can and crouches down, "Lukey?" 

He's confused because he knows for fact that Louis is at the station right now. Lucas removes his little fists out of his eyes and looks at Harry through his wet lashes that are sticking together. 

"Hazzy!" He cheers and makes grabby hands. 

"Hi, little one," Harry picks him up with ease and kisses his forehead, "What are you doing here, all alone?" 

"Uncle Li an' Ni, gone!" the boy starts sobbing again while gripping Harry's shirt with snot and tear covered hands. 

Harry bounces him a bit, "Shh, it's okay, baby. Let's find them, yeah?" 

He curses the two 'uncles' for losing the little boy in a grocery store, god knows what could've happened. There are a lot of creeps in this world and he knows all about them since he has locked up a few of them himself. 

Lucas puts his head on Harry's shoulder, probably tired after all the crying he's done. 

"Hazzy, dummy?"

"I'm sorry bubs, I don't have one. You'll get one, once we've find your uncles," Harry promises and strokes the toddlers curls out of his face gently. 

Harry sees two guys looking frantic and asking random people a question while pointing at their phone. He figures they are the ones looking for Lucas. 

"Lukey, are that your Uncles?" Harry asks softly, not wanting to startle the boy any further. 

The boy lifts his head and nods, "Yesh, Uncle Li! Uncle Ni!" 

Both men turn around and sigh relieved, "Lucas, where were you?! We told you to hold the cart!"

Harry bops Lucas' nose, "You have to listen to your Uncles, little monkey. I think your papa won't be happy when he hears this."