n i n e t e e n

Harry hates his life on Monday. 

Everything was good yesterday. When he was with Louis and Lucas. 

Now everything's bad, dark and cold. The permanent smile on his face the two caused was nowhere to be found, the purpose of breathing didn't seem that predominantly anymore and he dropped his tea right after he made it. 

Life just couldn't get worse. 

It's aggravating how he needs one of his detectives to keep him sane. It's aggravating he even needs a person at all to remain sane. 

It's not how he usually does things. He's effective, productive and happy, all on his own. 

It sucks to find out you're not all those things on a Monday morning right after you spilled your tea. 

Louis presses the elevator button and waits patiently for it to arrive, he's early today since Lucas was in a great mood this morning, still talking about how nice 'Hazzy' was. He's sure Niall will interrogate him tonight when he hears the toddler talk about him. 

Just before the doors close a hand slips in between them. 

"Hi," Louis smiles. 

"Hey," Harry bites his lip, still tangled up with himself from his disastrous morning. 

Louis wants to say more words but they don't seem to get past his lips.  

The ride up seems to take longer than normal when Zayn isn't there to fill up their silences. Harry notices too and clears his throat the moment they come to their floor. 

The chief steps out when the doors are open and rushes to his office to collect his own thought before going to their shared investigation room. 

Maybe he was wrong this morning, he can't even have stupid small talk with Louis. How does it make sense that he's freaking out about something that isn't there obviously. 

Louis didn't make his bad morning better. 

He sighs relieved because he was wrong, he doesn't need him to be happy. He just needs his stupid spilled morning tea

When he feels like his feelings are collected again he makes his way to the investigation room. 

"Zayn not here yet?" 

"Uh- no, he'll be here any minute probably," Louis is startled by Harry's entrance. 

"Hm, we'll get started then, I guess." 

"Yeah, great. I got you tea, no milk, one sugar, right?" Louis asks. 

Harry feels his body tingling. He got him his morning tea- He remembered it, more importantly. 

Louis bites his lip when Harry doesn't answer and puts is down, "I'm sorry if it's wrong, I-" 

Harry does something he wasn't planning himself, he lunges forward and places his' lips on Louis'. 

It just felt right, he was right after all. He does need him

Louis doesn't move, not that he can because Harry is cradling both of his cheeks in his hands. He's shocked by his chief's moves, he just brought him tea. Nothing special. 

They decided to not do this again the last time they did it. Louis did wanted to kiss him again, multiple times during last month but he held back. 

When Harry pulls back he smiles like an idiot. 

"Harry, wha- why?" 

Harry smiles even wider, "Because I ne-" He's cut off by the door opening and Zayn entering. 

Thanks to Louis' fast reflexes he was standing at least 2 feet away from Harry in less than a second. 

Harry blushes and wipes his mouth before sipping his lukewarm tea to hide his flustered state. 

"Goodmorning, besties!" 

"Hi," Louis coughs and sits down at the far end of the table. 

"Told you this before, no street talk, Malik." 

"Ah! Aren't you a sunshine on Mondays," Zayn smiles and pinches Harry's cheek that's still a shade of red. 

Harry rolls his eyes and pushes his best friend away to sit down too. He averts his eyes up to Louis to see him already looking up at him, confused look in his eyes. 

Harry looks down again and bites his lip. He should talk to him about this, he promises himself to try and do that as soon as possible. 

~

Harry didn't manage to catch him after work but didn't change his mind. He had to tell Louis he needed him. 

He doesn't know how he'll react , maybe he doesn't need him. Maybe he's already dating the officer Harry has seen him talking to many times. 

Louis had to explain everything that had happened that weekend to Niall and he couldn't leave out the incident of that morning of course. 

"You should go the bar on Friday and see what he wants," Niall proposes with a smirk. 

"He told me wasn't interested in dating, Niall." 

"Well, we've established he likes you already," Niall says looking at Liam who nods. 

"So why couldn't he have changed his mind?" 

"Because that's not Harry. He's firm in his decisions and he's the kind of person that's happy on their own." 

Niall shrugs, "If you say so, I still want to go out on Friday though."

Louis sighs, "Go with Li then, he's your boyfriend for god's sake." 

Liam laughs, "You should go together, Lou. I still have to make brownies with Lukey and you need some time for yourself." 

"You just don't want to deal with drunk Niall," Louis protests

"I always deal with him, you knobhead. He comes home to me, remember," Liam rolls his eyes, "Just go and have some fun." 

"I'll even give you the permission to leave the bar with Harry again or someone else if he's an asshole again," Niall winks. 

After a lot of bribing and convincing Louis gave in and promised to go out with Niall. He's still curious about what Harry was going to say after they kissed. 

Maybe he'll find out on Friday. 

~

Hi!!! 

Sorry I've left you guys waiting for so long! It's a short chapter too but the next one will be longer I promise!! 

Please vote and comment if you liked it!! 

💛TPWK and stay safe! 💛