n i n e

TW: ANGSTY CHAPTER !!! (some real police action, guns and stuff, I hope I didn't make it too angsty, I'm sorry already 😬) 

It's been two weeks since they've restarted their whole investigation with the side thought that the commander and others might be moles. It's Friday today and they're gearing up to break into a warehouse that's used by the cartel they're investigating. 

Louis tightens his bulletproof vest before repeating the plan for invasion in his head again, he'll be at the front with Zayn and Chief Styles. 

They're expecting it to be empty since they've had 24/7 patrol checking every person going in and out. 

"Everyone ready?" Styles asks his detectives. 

Most of them nod and say 'yeah' making him grunt in acceptance. 

Louis isn't scared of this kind of jobs, he's used to the stress and the risks he's taking. The only thing that's been scaring him is the danger his job is bringing to his family and the little chance of Lucas losing him. 

"Can you check my vest, real quick, Lou?" Linda, a detective who works at their station, lovely women who just had her second baby last year. Zayn always jokes about how old everyone else is but they're mostly between 30 and 40 years old. 

Louis, Zayn and Harry are practically the youngest there. 

"Sure," Louis checks everything and pats her back, "all safe, Linda." 

She smiles and thanks him kindly. See, Louis made friends with everyone on his floor and everyone absolutely loves him. Well everyone but his chief, Kevin and Kevin's friend. 

He doesn't even know what-, wait what's her name? Sharon? Shanon?, either way, he doesn't even know what  her exact job is except for desperately flirting with Styles and gossiping with Kevin.

⚡︎

Once they've arrived at the warehouse Louis starts feeling the exciting yet anxious butterflies in his stomach spreading all over his body slowly. 

They jump out and are quite literally swarmed by officers and other special forces who are there to help them with any kind of outcome this invasion will give. 

Louis sighs and checks his gun again, just to be sure. 

"Isn't that 'just Louis'," Alex laughs and waves at him when he spots the detective he just met a few weeks ago.

Louis smiles, "It is, just Alex." 

"So, you'll be going in first? Not scared at all?" 

"Nah, lad. I'm used to this," Louis shrugs with a grin, "I'm a little bit excited, though." 

Harry looks for Zayn and Louis trying to gather them when he sees Louis giggling with some officer.  He balls his fist in anger, this is one of the most important moments in their investigation and he's just flirting with some guy five minutes beforehand? 

"Tomlinson, here, now!" Harry yells after taking Zayn's arm to drag them aside.

Louis' eyes widen before he apologizes to Alex and makes his way to his Chief. 

"Now is not the time to flirt with some slutty officer, Tomlinson. This is important, yeah?!" Harry spits, making Zayn roll his eyes. 

"I'm sorry Chief, it's just a friend, he's not slutty nor was I flirting," Louis answers cooly having a really hard time not rolling his eyes too. He's never talked back to Styles but he can't keep on apologizing while he's an absolute ass.