t w e n t y f o u r

Harry stayed until Monday morning, leaving early to get to his own place before work. Saying goodbye wasn't easy, Harry really wanted to kiss Louis but Lucas was up before that. 

He's hasn't been over in three days due to a lot of work, he's been calling Louis though. Every night right before they both went to sleep they talked to each other. Harry had given Louis every single new detail about the case, spending the remaining time talking about everything and nothing. 

Louis fell asleep sometimes, still hooked up on those painkillers made him exhausted. Harry would be lying if he didn't enjoy the sound of Louis' soft snores, lulling him into his own slumber. They actually woke up by Harry's alarm yesterday, still on the phone. 

Louis had chuckled because who the hell wakes up with Africa by toto? Harry had pouted and went on about how greatly underrated the song is. 

It's on Thursday that Harry's Louis-urge, yes it's still there even while they're dating, is getting too intense. 

"Harry? Hi," Louis sounds surprised since it's only 5pm. 

"Hi, Lou. I was uh- wondering if I could come over?" Harry asks, heartbeat going faster than usual. 

It's not that he's afraid Louis will say no, it's the plain fact that he's putting himself out there. He's putting out the fact that he wants to see Louis and perhaps also missed him. 

"Yeah, sure," Louis breathes out. He's trying his very best to not sound as excited as he really is. 

Ridiculous how they're both scared to admitting to the same feeling. 

"I'll be there in like 10 minutes, you need anything? If you don't really know what's for dinner yet, I was going to make some pasta," Harry trails, biting his lip to suppress the smile. 

There's some rustling, Louis asking something, 

"Niall was going to make grilled cheese for the third time this week," Harry just knows Louis is rolling his eyes right now.

"I'll bring it over," Harry chuckles, "Was going to make way too much anyways." 

"Thanks, Hazzy." 

Harry rolls his eyes, "No problem, love." 

They say a quick goodbye, knowing that they could see each other sooner if they did. Harry is a cop so no, he doesn't support speeding but he did make a point of driving just the appropriate amount faster than the limit. 

~

"What's gotten you so flustered, loverboy?" Niall asks, Harry said something that made Louis' face turn a dark shade of red. 

"Nothing, you nosey little shit," Louis snaps. 

He might still not be used to the fact that Harry calls him 'love'.

"Seriously, Lou. I hear you giggling on the phone every night like some teenage girl with a big crush," Niall scoffs ,"Just tell me what's going on already." 

Louis sighs, "Niall, it's not-" 

"Louis." 

"We're dating," Louis turns red again, biting his lip to ignore the stupid butterflies that are set loose in his stomach. 

Niall's face turns excited, "Really? Finally!" 

Lucas comes waddling in from where he was playing in his room, he giggles when he sees Niall's happy face. 

"He doesn't know, don't say anything," Louis threatens Niall in a lower voice before turning to his son. 

"Hi baby, what's up?"