t w e n t y f i v e

"Wear some sweatpants and a hoodie or something," Harry chuckles in the phone and turns on his other side. 

They're having their daily call at night, talking about their date tomorrow. 

Yes, Harry had just left his place 40 minutes ago but Niall was there so they couldn't really have the privacy they really wanted. And maybe they missed each other. 

"Don't laugh at me," Louis pouts, "And what are we even doing if I have to wear that?" 

"Wasn't laughing at you, love. It's a surprise, just wear something comfortable, no jeans and button up or something." 

"Are we going hiking? Cause I just caught a bullet, Styles."

Harry chuckles a bit before sighing silently, "Don't have to remind me." 

Louis feels the shift in his mood, "Why do you always get like this when we talk about it?" 

"Like what?" 

"Angry, sad, passive aggressive,.." Louis suggests, not being able to put a label on his mood. 

Harry sighs again.

"I know you have asthma, all this sighing can't be healthy," Louis smirks. 

"Oi, shut up," Harry chuckles, "I'm not angry at you- okay, yeah maybe I am." 

"What did I do?" Louis asks a bit more serious now. 

"Caught a bullet," Harry grunts, "You could've died, Lou." 

"But I didn't, you would've been off so much worse," Louis frowns. 

"Still. I just don't want to think about it. You have Lucas, you can't go throwing yourself in front of me whenever a bullet is coming," Harry sighs again, more frustrated now.

"Honestly, I don't know what came over me. I acted before I thought it through," Louis tells him. 

Harry bites his lip, "You can't not think things through when we're working with bullets."

"Don't go all chief on me now, Harry," Louis says, getting irritated. 

"I'm not, I didn't mean it like that," Harry bites his lip, "I just hate to see you hurt when it's my fault." 

Louis' face softens a bit, "You don't have to feel guilty, H. Besides, it doesn't hurt that hard when you're here to cheer me up." 

"I'm not there though," The chief smiles at Louis' words.  

Louis smiles too, happy Harry isn't sad anymore, "You are. Even this phone call cheers me up massively. You know, you're like a sun." 

Harry's smile only got bigger, "A what?" 

"A sun, you light up my da-" Louis groans, "I was not just going to say that." 

Harry laughs, "No, go on. I quite like sappy-Lou." 

"Oh god, it's not a thing, I'm not sappy!" Louis scoffs but goes on, "I'm just telling you you light up my day, you stupid sun." 

"I'm taking it as a compliment, being your stupid sun." 

"You should, I quite like the sun," Louis smiles foolishly at the phone. 

"Oh I know," Harry smirks, "Do you remember bumping into me because you were enjoying the sun so much?" 

Louis groans in his pillow, thinking about it, "How do you even remember, that was so embarrassing." 

"How can I not remember, it was cute how you were stumbling over your words, apologizing a thousand times."