s e v e n t e e n

Harry won a grammy, holy shit. In celebration: a new chapter x 

~

The next few weeks went by in a blur, Harry didn't treat Louis like he used to but he still avoids coming too close.

They both do, really.

It wasn't until one Sunday morning that they had to talk to each other again.

"Papa, look! Hazzy's hewe!", Lucas drops his dummy and smiles excitedly. At times like these Louis is happy he bought the clip-on dummies.

Louis closes his eyes, hoping his son was just confused and saw another man with curls that looks like his boss.

He turned around and Lucas was right, Harry was intensely looking at chocolate bars a bit further down the isle. He's wearing what seems tracksuit pants and a long warm coat with a hoodie underneath.

Louis chuckled a bit at the image, quite the picture since he's used to seeing him in work clothing.

"Hazzy! Haz!" Lucas squealed before Louis could stop the interaction in any way.

Harry turned around in confusion and smiled widely when he saw the toddler, bouncing up and down in the cart. Louis managed to get him out before he toppled out by himself and put him on the floor, knowing he'll just run to Harry in one straight line.

"Hi, Luke. Whatcha doing here?" Harry asks while picking up the happy toddler.

"Papa gonna make pancakes!"

"Is he, now?" Harry asks while looking at Louis. The latter is just nodding, it's still weird to interact like nothing had happened between them three weeks ago.

"What were you doing here, staring at the chocolate like a madman," Louis teases.

Harry chuckles, "Since it's pretty cold out I was going to make some hot chocolate and watch tv all day."

"Lukey also choc'late, papa!"

Harry bites his lip, "I'm sorry,  I should've known."

"It's okay," Louis dismisses and turns to Lucas, "we're already making pancakes, love."

Lucas shakes his head, "Wanna play wif Hazzy and have hot choc'late!"

When Louis just raises an eyebrow Lucas adds a very cute, "Pwease?"

Harry looks at Louis and shrugs, "I wouldn't mind some company."

"You sure?" 

Louis hopes he says no.

"Yeah, of course."

"Okay, I hope you like pancakes with eggshells hidden in them," Louis squeezes out a smile.

"Like a treasure hunt?", Harry smirks,"I love my pancakes crunchy."

Louis laughs, "Something like that, yeah."

"I'll help you break them, I'm quite good at baking," Harry shrugs.

"Hm, wouldn't have guessed that."

"What do you mean by that tone," Harry asks while bouncing a slightly bored Lucas in his arms.

"Nothing," Louis grins.

Harry raises his eyebrow but doesn't answer him.

"You gon' play wif me?" Lucas asks while tracing Harry's stubble on his cheek with his pointer finger. Something he does a lot lately.