t w e n t y t h r e e

Harry woke up 4 times that night, twice because he set up an alarm to give Louis his painkillers and twice because of Lucas. 

The first time Lucas just woke up out of nowhere but the second time it was a nightmare. Harry rocked him on the chair until he fell asleep again. 

He made sure to be up before both Louis and Lucas to get their breakfast ready. He might've put in a little more effort since he and Louis were dating now. 

"Harry?!"

He made his way to Louis' bedroom as quickly as possible, checking Lucas' room on the way. He's still very much asleep, luckily. 

"What's wrong, Lou?"

Louis is sitting on the edge of his bed, pouting. 

"Well, I wanted to wake up. And then I remembered I should get dressed first and use the bathroom. And I can't, it hurts too much." 

A tense falls off Harry's shoulders, he thought something had happened. 

"That's why I'm at your service," Harry smiles softly, "Come here." 

Harry helps him up and steadies him at his waist. Louis grips Harry's arms and looks up expectantly. 

"Can I still kiss you? Or were you high on painkillers last night, when I told you I'm a fool for you?" 

It works, it makes Louis smile. That's Harry's only goal in life these days, making one of his detectives the happiest man alive. Who would've thought. 

"The only thing I was high on was you," Louis replies, fake gagging right after, "God, we're not going to be that kind of people, right?" 

Harry laughs, throwing his head back. 

"You might want to know you're dating a hopeless romantic, love." 

Louis laughs too, ignoring the pain in his ribs. He's too happy to focus on that.  

"You keep on telling me I'm dating you, but I haven't really been on a date yet, hm?"

Harry grins, pulling him closer, "Louis William Tomlinson, will you go on a date with me?" 

Louis purses his lips, pretending to think about it. 

"Oh c'mon," Harry chuckles, nosing Louis' nose. 

"I will, Harry Edward Styles." 

Harry is about to lean in to kiss Louis when Lucas starts to cry, a sign that he had just woken up. 

"You owe me this kiss," Harry groans and helps Louis to the bathroom. Giving him fresh clothes to try and put on alone. 

Louis snickers and thanks him when he leaves the room for a bit. Harry goes to get Lucas out of his crib, cooing softly when he yawns bigly. 

"You slept alright, Lukey?" Harry asks, voice softest it can get. 

Lucas nods and buries his head into Harry's neck, still hiccuping, "Cuddwe?"

"Of course, bubs," Harry sits down in the rocking chair, giving Lucas a moment to wake up. 

After a bit Harry stood up again, "Let's get you in a fresh nappy and see where your papa's at, hm?" 

"Papa," Lucas nods and smiles into Harry's neck. 

Harry smiles fondly and changes him quickly, giving Lucas his monkey to settle him down. 

"Lou!? You ready yet?" 

"Yeah, I'm done!" 

Harry opens the door and laughs at the sight, "Since when is that done?"