t h i r t y f o u r

Louis shakes with stress and anger, he's bouncing Lucas up and down but he just wouldn't stop crying. 

"Shh, baby, please," Louis shushes him while trying to keep his own tears in.

His phone died 5 minutes ago right after he called his landlord. Perfect timing. 

Louis woke up around 1 am when he heard Lucas' cries, seeing all power was out. The heat had lowered a lot and Lucas had woken up from how cold he was. 

His landlord didn't know what was wrong but didn't mind checking it either in the middle of the night. He just told Louis something about automatically shut down when you don't pay the bill but Louis is sure he did pay that month. 

Either way, he's now trying to comfort his two year old while packing his diaper bag as good as possible without any light in the apartment. He's freezing himself while doing all that since he didn't have the time to grab a hoodie or anything. He just made sure Lucas' was wrapped in a blanket while starting to pack everything. 

He has nowhere to go except for Harry's but he doesn't even know if he's at his place right now, he can't call him or anything since his phone's dead and he needs power to charge it. 

"Okay, baby. Let's go, I hope Harry's home," Louis sighs while grabbing his keys. 

He puts Lucas in the car as fast as possible, taking a good look at his surroundings before doing so. It's the perks of living in a sketchy neighborhood in London. 

Louis doesn't know how but his son is still crying, it's been like half an hour since he woke up and he just couldn't stop. He knows it must be scary for him to wake up in the middle of the night somewhere cold without any lights but he tried to comfort him so badly. 

Once he's in the car he makes sure his doors are locked and he takes off to the fancier side of London. He notices a black car taking the same turns as him which is just great when he's on the way with his son in the middle of the night. 

He's actually scared since he doesn't have a phone and he doesn't know what to do when he can't shake them off. 

He sighs and takes four turns right, which is a trick to see if he's still following him. He loses him eventually and makes his way to Harry's. On top of all that the roads are a bit icy since it's been freezing so Louis had to drive very carefully. 

"Baby, we're here, shh. It'll be better soon, love," Louis coos while carrying him out of the car. 

He stands up again with his son in his arms. He turns around to see the black car parked a few cars away from his, he can't see who's in it but the lights are still on.  His heart almost hammers out of his chest, he doesn't know how but his body moves faster than his brains. 

He locks his car without even taking out the diaper bag and walks inside in a fast pace, the security man knows him by now so he lets him in easily. He nods towards him and pushes the elevator button while turning to Lucas again. 

"Baby, we're at Hazzy's, you see," Louis kisses his head a few times and rubs his back, closing his eyes to calm himself as much as possible. 

He's still only wearing a shirt and some sweatpants which must look ridiculous given it's mid-December and it's definitely freezing outside. 

He knocks on Harry's door once he arrives, praying he's not out or something.

Harry opens the door after a few seconds, frowning while rubbing his eyes still, "Who-" 

"Louis!? What happened? Are you okay?" He asks when he takes in their appearance. 

"I- no," Louis croaks out, a tear escaping his eye.