t h i r t y e i g h t

TW// I'm sorry I have to spoil a bit but better safe than sorry. This chapter will contain throwing up and a lot of angsty parts.

"Lou, love, I'm gonna leave for work," Harry whispers while kissing his cheek.

Louis groans and wraps his arms around Harry, "Why?"

"Because my two best detectives are both off duty, that's why," Harry sighs and falls back against Louis' chest to enjoy his warmth.

"Fuckers," Louis scoffs.

"Right."

Louis seems to be falling asleep again with his arms around Harry so the latter pulls back.

"You're going to make me late, baby," Harry chuckles and kisses his cheek again.

"Give me a real kiss then," Louis pouts, eyes still closed.

"Open your eyes then, at least."

Louis opens them a bit, happy the room is still dark since the blinds are still closed.

"Beautiful," Harry smiles, "So blue."

"Shut up and kiss me," Louis tries to seem annoyed but he smiles when he sees Harry's happy face.

Harry complies and leans down, kissing Louis' lips softly. It's too early to kiss him as hard as he really wants to.

Louis sighs at the calming feeling Harry's lips bring with them, he doesn't know why but kissing him is like meditating or some shit. Louis doesn't know how meditating feels but he's sure whatever Harry's lips do is more effective.

"I really have to go," Harry mutters in between small soft pecks.

"And I don't want you to," Louis does the same, keeping his arms around Harry.

"I'll be home at 3 since I'm starting at 6."

Louis turns around to look at the alarm clock and groans when he sees the time, "Who the fuck wakes up at 5, Harold."

"I do. All because I want to be home sooner to be with you guys," Harry blushes.

Louis groans again, "I'm going to die if you keep on saying thinks like this."

"Die in a good way or?" Harry chuckles.

Louis rolls his eyes and pulls his boyfriend down again, he's going to miss his lips today. And him. His silly jokes. His clumsy limbs. His sickening sweet words.

"I'm going to miss you."

Did he just read Louis' mind?

"I'm going to miss you too, Sun."

"I'll text you when I'm on my way back... and at other moments when I feel like it," Harry adds.

"Please don't text while walking, though."

Harry hides his face in Louis' neck in embarrassment, "Never again."

Louis laughs and travels his fingers through Harry's curls. He really likes that Harry's growing them out. They're right below his ear right now and he looks like an actual prince. Even prettier.

"Keep the doors locked and don't go out without your belt even if you're not on call," Harry tells him before raising back up so he's hanging above Louis' face again.

"I will," Louis sighs.

"I also told security to be more wary of strangers and to call me if he saw the black car again."

Louis hums, "Nothing will happen, you be careful, yeah? You're the one on the field again."

"You'll be back too in two days."