f i f t y

They had an easy month after Harry's birthday, the case went well, Lucas was sleeping better and getting used to daycare..

Louis hasn't been looking for apartments ever since they hit their fifth month anniversary and Harry asked them to stay with him permanently.

He tends to have some doubts about their living situation so Harry made sure to come with great arguments.

He couldn't say no after Harry basically admitted he'd pass away from heartache if he wouldn't wake up by Lucas' crying at 6am or simply Louis smashing his head with a pillow.

The latter found it ridiculous but also ridiculously endearing, so yeah.

That was a week ago, they had a nice dinner. Niall and Liam took Lucas for the night so they used the leverage to not be quiet that night.

Everything went splendid until they actually found a big lead in the case which led them to a person of interest who could help them quite a lot. It was an officer who went undercover about ten years ago in the same drug gang they're trying to take down.

Harry assigned Zayn and Louis to go get him since he can't leave the office today. He's expecting a call from a commander who reached out to them, also believing that Page has something to do with the Jets and is very much corrupt.

"Be careful, love," Harry tells Louis while he helps him in his bullet proof vest.

Louis hums absently, checking again everything's in place. He's been stressed all day since they've been having trouble finding his location and everything was working against them.

It seems like the guy doesn't want to be found so Louis wouldn't be surprised if he's not going to go with them without a fight. He has a strong feeling that his connections with the Jets never fully broke or they are on to him in some way.

Harry tilts his chin, "Lou, tell me you will be careful."

Louis is confused but his eyes soften when he sees Harry's concern, "I will be, sun. I promise."

Harry leans in to peck his lips softly, "Thank you."

"I'll be back before you know it."

"Eat this on your way," Harry replies sternly, handing him his favorite candy bar, "Don't think I didn't notice you skipping a meal. It's unhealthy."

"And this is healthy?" Louis frowns at the chocolate bar.

"No but you need sugar in order to catch the man and I know you wouldn't eat it if it weren't your favorite, you're stubborn," Harry mutters.

Louis chuckles softly, cupping Harry's face to rub his cheekbone, "Thank you. I'll try to eat it, my stomach has been in knots ever since we started looking for clues."

Harry hums and pulls him closer by his waist, "You did great, Lou. You probably found his location and you will catch him. I'm not putting out my best detectives for nothing."

"Thanks, love," Louis sighs before connecting their lips one last time, "It's been more than 5 months and I still can't get over your fucking lips. How is that possible?"

"What can I say? I'm a great kisser," Harry smirks while Zayn walks into the investigation room.

"Chief Styles, that's inappropriate," Zayn gasps dramatically.

Louis chuckles and pecks Harry's pouty lips quickly, "Bye, H. We'll report back to you as soon as possible."

Harry nods, his hands leaving Louis' waist in the most dreaded way possible, "Good luck, both of you."