f o r t y

"So, is that your 'hot' officer," Liam asks, scrunching his nose at the boy who's pouring himself a drink.

Louis rolls his eyes, "Yes."

Liam shrugs, "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"A bit."

Liam sighs, "Try not to think about him tonight, yeah? You can't change anything about the situation by thinking about it. Just don't do anything you'll regret."

Louis nods while his friend pats his shoulder, "I will, yeah."

Liam smiles kindly before leaving to look for his boyfriend who's talking to Zayn again, their vibe is weirdly the same. Zayn's always hyping him up in his drunken stupidity. 

"You wanna dance," Alex asks, pulling him with him.

"I'm not really-"

"Oh c'mon," Alex gushes and starts dancing around him.

A few songs later Alex is grinding against Louis, the latter is a bit disgusted. Having another ass than Harry's against him feels weird.

He isn't even sporting a semi.

He gets away after a few songs, telling him he has to pee.

"It's new year in 15 minutes, be back by then," Alex smirks and touches his cheek.

Louis tries his best not to frown while nodding and walks away quickly after that, he's definitely not kissing him at midnight if that's what he's implying.

After peeing he comes back out of the bathroom, debating if he'd better stay upstairs.

He's about to turn around to walk to the guest room, where he's staying, when his name is called.

"Louis!"

Louis sighs and turns around, "What are you doing here, Harry?"

"I know why you're mad-"

Louis scoffs and crosses his arms over his chest, "Me too."

"No, please, Louis. It's not what you think," Harry looks at him with pleading eyes, he has trouble catching his breath since he ran up the stairs and well, has asthma.

Louis sighs, "Why are you here right now, it's new year in like ten minutes."

"Because I can't spend another minute without you," Harry frowns, "Or with you thinking I cheated on you."

"Harry, I-"

"Please, let me explain," Harry pleads.

Louis nods at him to follow him after contemplating it for a bit, moving to the guest room with him. 

"You have five minutes," Louis sighs.

"You have to get down to kiss that guy?" Harry asks, scowl on his face.

"You have no right-"

"He was grinding on you, almost kissed you, Louis. I did nothing of the above with anyone," Harry huffs out, irritated by his own jealousy.

"No, you only fucked sluts from my old precincts," Louis snaps back, gettin angry at how Harry even dares to scold him right now.

Harry sighs and shakes his head no, "I fucked him a few times before I met you."

Louis scoffs again, "When was the last time?"

"In your first few weeks at our precinct, the last time was actually filled with me thinking of you instead of him," Harry chuckles dryly.