f o r t y f o u r

Harry wakes up by the sound of coughing instead of Luke's crying or his alarm. He turns around to see Louis sitting on the edge of the bed, coughing while gripping his side. Seems like he was tired last night because he was getting sick. 

"Lou?"

"Shit, I'm sorry I woke you," Louis croaks out, voice strained while speaking a bit nasally.

"Don't worry, love," Harry looks at the clock, reading 4 am before sitting up, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a stuffy nose," Louis says before coughing harshly, making his side hurt again. 

"This doesn't look like just a stuffy nose, Lou. I think you have a bad cold," Harry rubs his back and wipes a few sweaty hair strands off his face. 

"It's fine, H. I'll just sleep and be better tomorrow," Louis insists, going to lay down again. 

Harry stops him, "No, baby, you're sick. C'mon, I'm going to get you something for your cold and ribs."

"I'm really okay, Harry," Louis groans, closing his eyes again. 

All he truly wants to do is sleep. 

Harry sighs but turns on the bedside light, making Louis groan again. He goes to get the medicine, hoping Louis won't fall asleep again while doing so. 

Of course, he did fell asleep. Harry wakes him again getting an annoyed sound out of Louis. 

"Take these, baby. You want to take a shower too?"

"Yes, but I don't think I can," Louis huffs.

"Why?" 

"Feeling a bit dizzy and lights hurt my head more," Louis frowns while taking the pills and nasal spray Harry offered him.

"I'll help you, love," Harry says, helping him up. 

He shivers the moment the duvets aren't on him anymore, Harry grabs the throw blanket and wraps it around him. 

"Thanks," Louis smiles a bit, his eyes barely open. 

Harry replies by kissing his damp forehead softly. 

"That's gross, Harold." 

"It's not," Harry chuckles. 

"You're kissing my sweat." 

"You kiss mine all the time when we make love or after I worked out, what's different?" 

"Make love," Louis snorts fondly.

"What should I say? Fuck? Bone? Hump? Bonk?-"

"Definitely not any of those you said after fuck," Louis interrupts him. 

"I don't want to call it fucking anymore, I like you too much for that," Harry mutters while supporting him to the bathroom blindly, not turning on the light. 

Louis bites his lip at Harry's words, "I like you too." 

Harry chuckles at the answer and helps him down on the closed toilet seat, "Wait here, baby." 

Louis hums and watches as Harry disappears to the bedroom again, turning on the light in there before returning. 

"It isn't as bright but I can still see a bit," Harry explains. 

Louis' heart melts a lot when Harry does things like that, it's one of those moments when he wonders how Harry hasn't had a boyfriend yet before. He's so caring and it seems to be coming naturally for him. 

He helps Louis undress while taking of his own briefs, to help him wash up. He places small kisses on Louis skin every time he gets the chance, to make him feel better. Which it does.