t w e n t y s e v e n

Louis opens his eyes and is met with a faint sound of music, he touches the bed next to him realizing Harry's gone. 

He lifts himself off the bed and makes his way towards the kitchen, wiping the sleep out of his eyes. 

He has trouble keeping in his laugh when he sees Harry dancing on ABBA in the kitchen while making breakfast. 

Leaning against the doorpost, he smiles some more until Harry turns around, shrieking in the progress. 

"Louis, god, don't scare me like that!" 

"I was just admiring your danceskills," Louis smiles. 

Harry blushes and turns around again. 

"Don't be embarrassed, I liked watching you!" Louis chuckles, making his way over to hug Harry's back. 

"You do realize that as soon as your.. wound is fixed you have to dance with me, hm?" Harry still hesitates when talking about Louis' injury. 

"I would gladly.." Louis starts, "Take another bullet before doing that." 

"Louis!" Harry gasps, turning around. 

"I was joking," Louis chuckles when he sees Harry's shocked face. 

"I don't think it's funny," Harry frowns deeply. 

Louis' face softens, he grabs Harry's cheeks in his two hands, "I'm sorry, I know you hate that I got shot and all that. I won't joke about it anymore." 

Harry hums in approval, wrapping his arms around Louis' waist, "You will dance with me by the way."

"How're you going to make me dance?" 

"I'll blackmail you?" 

Louis gasps, bumping his nose onto Harry's softly, "That's a felony, Chief! How are you going to blackmail me?"

"I do not care, I'll get you to dance with me one way or another. I could, you know, spread a rumor about you playing Danny Zuko in high school," Harry purses his lips, hiding his smile. 

"Harold, I'm proud of that, if someone were to ask me about it I'd gladly ask my mother a video to show them," Louis scoffs. 

"You have a video?!" Harry gasps. 

"No, no, no, you don't deserve to see it after threatening me!"

Harry chuckles, "Once I get to know your mom I'll just charm my way to that video." 

Louis purses his lips now, "You're planning to get to know my mom?" 

Harry looks down, cheeks tinting red again, "It's too early to say those things. But yeah, some day I would love to meet the woman who raised you to be this fine man." 

Louis smiles widely, using his fingers to lift Harry's chin up, "It's way to early to say those things but I kinda want you to say them." 

Harry smiles, trying to keep his mouth closed. Louis pokes the, now prominent, dimple in his cheek softly. 

"Can you get back in bed, please?" 

Louis rolls his eyes, "At least you took me out before asking, I guess." 

Harry chuckles, "Not like that, Tomlinson. I was going to bring you breakfast in bed but you absolutely had to wake up five minutes early." 

Louis smiles, "You want me to get back to sleep?" 

"Use your theatre skills, love," Harry laughs and pecks his lips quickly. 

The detective winks before leaving his chief's embrace, "You'll never know I was awake."