s i x t e e n

LOUIS CEO, WBK RIGHT??!!!! I'm soooo proud and happyy!! Anyways enjoy the chapter!! 

~

Louis opens his front door and is ready to spend the night cursing himself for going with Harry when a hand grips his wrist and turns him around abruptly. 

Louis shrieks but Harry is quick to shut his mouth with his own. The detective eased into the kiss after a few seconds and pulled Harry inside, keeping their lips slotted together. 

After a few minutes Louis pulls away and pushes Harry back. 

"We can't do this", he pants out and keeps his hand on Harry's chest to create a certain distance. 

Harry looks down and grips Louis hand in his',  just because he wanted to touch him somehow. 

"I don't even know what this is," Louis adds while swallowing thickly, looking at their locked hands. 

"I know", Harry replies weakly, "I don't know either, but it just- it feels so good, Louis." 

It doesn't make sense and Harry knows it, but somehow Louis understands and feels the same urges traveling through his veins. 

Louis sighs and squeezes his hand softly, "I know, but it obviously doesn't mean anything to you so let's not risk our jobs over whatever this is." 

Harry closes his eyes, trying to avoid Louis from knowing how those few words affected him. 

"You're right."

Louis bites his lip at the response, he wished Harry would've told him different. He wished he was wrong and Harry did care, but he clearly doesn't. 

"Goodnight," Louis whispers, slowly sliding his hand out of Harry's grip. 

Before he could pull back entirely Harry brought back his hand and kissed it softly, "Goodnight." 

He returned to his car and drove off without looking back, he couldn't look back. He would've gone back to Louis and told him it did mean something to him. 

~

"I fucked up, Liam."

Louis went over to his best friends' house first thing in the morning to talk about everything last night happened. He needed some advice to deal with expected tension that will be hanging between him and his boss. 

Liam peered over Louis' shoulder to check if Lucas' heard his father say that curse word and sighed in when he saw the toddler was still fixating on the tv. 

"What happened? You never curse with Luke in the room," Liam whispers the last part with a concern gaze. 

Louis sighs and buries his head into his hands, "It's Harry." 

"Weren't you out with Niall and that Zayn lad?" 

 "At first, yeah- Did Niall get here safely?" He interrupts himself when he remembers asking Zayn to take care of him. 

"Yeah, Zayn helped him get a taxi and even drove here with him," Liam chuckles when he thinks about the state his boyfriend arrived in. 

"He was pretty pissed, huh?" 

"Understatement, I'm happy his puking didn't wake Lucas," Liam scrunches his nose. 

Louis chuckles before realizing he still has to tell him about the Harry-part of the night. 

"Harry arrived at 11-ish, I guess," Louis sighs. 

After telling him everything happened Liam's mouth hangs slightly open with disbelief.