f i f t y f o u r

TW // mentions of blood + angsty 

Monday, April 6th - 7:40 am

"Thank you so much for taking care of him, Anne," Louis hugs her at the door. 

She's been babysitting Luke instead of daycare ever since he broke his wrist. Louis and Harry, both, weren't very excited about the idea of him returning to daycare so Anne proposed to take care of him if Louis was okay with it.

He was not only okay with it, he was very thankful too. 

He trusts Anne with his whole life. Conveniently, Lucas and Harry are his whole life. 

"You're welcome, darling. You know I love taking care of him." 

Louis smiles, "I do have to leave though. I have to take care of something before work." 

"I'll leave you to it, Lou. I'll see you tonight!" 

"Bye Anne!" 

Louis dials Liam's phone number the moment he got into his car. 

"Louis?" 

"Yeah, Li, it's me. You're a sappy one, you buy Niall a lot of flowers, right?" Louis starts. 

Louis hears Liam sigh while he starts the car since he's calling on handsfree. 

"Yeah, I tend to appreciate my boyfriend and show him." 

"Oii, don't be so grumpy, I'm just wondering if you know where I could get some pretty sunflowers?"

"Why? Your anniversary was yesterday, right?" 

Louis hums, "I kinda screwed up this morning and I really have to fix this as soon as possible, I'm on my way from Anne's now I have about 15 minutes left to get to the station." 

"What did you do?" 

Louis sighs softly, "Harry told me he loved me and I kinda froze, so he left."

"You don't love him?" Liam asks, his voice in disbelief.

"I do, I do! So much, Li. He just- he said it right before he had to leave and we were both kind of surprised, I don't think he meant to blurt it out like that. But- yeah I just froze for a second and he said I didn't have to say anything and think about it."

"He wasn't mad or anything?" 

"No- I don't think so. He kissed me when he left. But I feel so fucking shitty, Liam. I hope he doesn't think I don't love him right now. I do. I love him so so much. It's clear that I do, right?"

"For us, it is. I'm sure Harry knows you love him, lad. There's a great florist around the corner of your station, next to that Italian restaurant." 

"Thanks, Li. I hope he likes them, even shed a tear or two." 

Liam chuckles, "I'm sure he'll be over the moon. Don't worry about it, Louis."

Louis smiles, "I have to go now, I'm nearing the florist. Thanks again, mate!"

"You're welcome, Lou. Let me know how it goes and if you get married," He teases. 

Louis laughs silently and shakes his head, "Great idea, might as well." 

"Lou-"

"Bye!" Louis cuts off the line with a laugh.

Louis goes in and asks for the prettiest sunflowers they have. He ended up with a wonderful bouquet. 

It reminds him of Harry, so much. The bright yellow colors, the soft petals, just everything about it screams Harry.