f o r t y f i v e

TW// puking

"Wow, I think Harry's running late for the first time," Zayn snorts.

"It's Styles, he's always on time," Louis chuckles a bit nervously.

Zayn looks at his phone, "Well, he has 2 more minutes until he's officially late for the first time."

Louis feels kind of bad because it's his fault. They forgot Luke's monkey stuffie at Harry's so he offered to drop it off knowing the toddler wouldn't sleep without it.

"He'll be here," Louis mutters, hoping he will be.

"I'm surprised he's showing up at all."

"Why's that?" Louis wonders.

"He's been skipping Friday nights for like 2 months now, saying he has something else to do every week. I stopped bothering to ask," Zayn shrugs.

"I think he's seeing someone," he adds.

Louis shrugs, hoping he isn't turning red or anything, giving himself away.

The moment he was supposed to answer Zayn the elevator opened, showing their chief.

Louis' breath hitched when he saw Harry's attire, dressed in a floral suit with his curls pushed back that were almost to his shoulders now.

He's so beautiful to Louis and he's sure to everyone else in this room too. It's almost impossible to ignore Harry's raw elegance, he carries himself in a way he saw no other man do it.

He almost can't believe he's the one taking Harry home tonight. It's like he won one of the hardest competitions out there without even competing.

While Harry starts meddling into the crowd Louis takes out his phone and writes him a message.

To Harry: You're so getting your ass eaten tonight.

He watches Harry as he offers a goodbye to people while sipping his champagne, almost spitting it out when he reads Louis' text.

He looks over at Louis with wide eyes, biting his lip at the thought.

To Louis: Meet me in the investigation room after my speech x

Louis smirks down at his phone, putting it away when Zayn tells him something.

~

Harry gets everyones attention by bumping one of his multiple rings against his glass.

"Good evening, everyone!" He smiles, not his bright one that seems to be reserved for Louis and his family only but his small, polite one.

"It's not often that we celebrate in this room," he points around to their precinct's floor, "But it's needed once a year to show you all that you've done an amazing job."

A few people cheer while other applaud at his words, making him smile again.

"This is not me fawning over you guys as your boss to get you on my good side but this is me actually telling you guys this is the best you've ever worked. The numbers are outrageously great and I'm very thankful to lead a squad like you guys."

"Even though I might be grumpy sometimes-"

Zayn coughs loudly, making a few people chuckle while Harry glares at him, playfully.

"As I was saying even though I'm mostly," He empathizes while looking at Zayn, " a grumpy guy, I really appreciate you all and the work you're offering every day. A special thanks to my two detectives who are working on the drug case with me and hearing my grumpy moods more than anyone else," Harry raises his glass to Zayn and Louis.