f i f t y o n e

"You're so stupid for taking this case, I hope Styles is listening," The ex-undercover detective, Andersen, seethes while looking at the blacked out window behind the detectives. 

Louis rolls his eyes a bit, "We've been warned a couple of times, thanks. You got out of it though, why were you so hard to find?" 

Harry smirks a bit behind the glass, loving how sassy Louis could be. 

"Because even though I'm out they always have tags on me, they do an amazing job never letting people leave completely. Once you're in, you're in. That's how it works." 

Zayn hums, "Did they ever find out you're an under-cover spy for the cops?" 

Andersen shakes his head firmly, "Not that I know of." 

"Do you know anything about corrupt people in the force?" 

"Not back in my time, no," He shrugs. 

Louis takes out a photo of Page and puts it in front of him, "Do you recognize him?" 

"Page," He chuckles, "Yeah, he worked at my precinct for a few years. Didn't like him, probably still won't." 

Louis looks behind him for a split second, even though he can't see Harry, the latter catches his concern. 

"What about this one?" Louis asks, showing him a picture of his old chief. 

"Jones," He nods, "His best pal, you guys think they're moles?" 

Louis sighs deeply, not knowing how much they can tell the guy. Even if he won't be released any time soon, the Jets have their ways of communicating through everything. 

"I'll tell you this, if they are moles I'm in more trouble than I though I was and I would like to remain in custody until you've solved this. Which, let's be honest, won't happen soon." 

"We don't know enough to tell you the full story but you will receive a great time of custody purely for your own safety." 

After the interrogation they meet in the investigation room. 

"The fact that he was at the same precinct as Page and Jones puts him in a very dangerous position but it also means that every bit of information they gave Andersen could be moulded exactly like they wanted," Louis groans and starts looking through the file to go over every thing they found out via Andersen reports from back in the days. 

Harry nods, "We're in for a tricky one. He's right, it's getting dangerous." 

"This is so frustrating, it'll take ages for us to finish this case. Am I the only one who's been annoyed by their private security guy? Rolls his eyes so much when I go out on Friday, he kills the vibe." 

Louis chuckles, shaking his head, "They keep their fair distance." 

"Weren't happy about our little trip to the beach though," Harry snorts, remembering how the security had to follow them all the way to Wharf beach. 

"How many do you have guys have?"

"At the apartment, two when we're all there. We call a third one when one of us leaves without Luke. One follows us to work and two follow Luke to daycare or stay at the apartment like today. They update us every two hours. So about three sometimes four." 

Zayn nods, "How's little Lukey?" 

"Fussy as hell, doesn't like that he can't do everything," Louis shrugs.

"Overall good, though. He's taking it better than I thought he would," Harry adds, "My mom's been updating and he hasn't act out all day." 

Louis smiles at the way Harry only says positive things.