f o r t y n i n e

"Be careful, bubba," Louis warns his son before setting him down on their bed. 

Louis lets Lucas do his magic while putting down breakfast on his bedside table. 

"Hazzy! Wakey!" Lucas giggles, climbing onto his chest to wake up the tall man. 

Louis chuckles, finding it adorable how Harry just pulls the toddler onto his chest to cuddle him.

"One more minute, monkey," Harry mutters while rubbing Lucas' back. 

Lucas giggles even more and prods his little finger into Harry's nose making him squirm and scrunch it. Louis cringes and realizes Lucas has a thing with Harry's nose and stuffing it. 

"Lukeee, 'm sleepy," Harry whines, pinching his nose with his thumb and pointer finger to avoid it from happening again. 

"Wake up, birthday boy," Louis joins in, traveling his fingers through Harry's unruly curls.

Harry opens his eyes slowly and is met by Lucas watching his face expectantly from a very close proximity.

"Good morning, Lukey," Harry chuckles and puckers his lips to kiss the toddler's nose. 

Lucas giggles again and sits up, Harry not minding the multiple kicks he receives in his ribs while he does. 

Louis smiles, "Happy birthday, sun. How're you feeling as a 26 years old?"

"Old," Harry scrunches his nose again. 

Louis chuckles and leans forward to kiss him, "Wait until you turn 27."

Lucas yanks his papa's wrist to get his attention, "Pwesent!" 

Harry chuckles at the eagerness while Louis rolls his eyes and hands Lucas a paper. 

"Is that for me, Luke?" Harry gasps and looks at the drawing the toddler handed him. 

"Yesh!", Lucas smiles widely while Harry peppers his face with butterfly kisses, enjoying the attention. 

"Thank you so much, baby. I can't wait to find the perfect place for it," Harry smiles, already knowing it's going on his wall in his office at work. He needed something to brighten those beige walls anyways. 

Louis lights a candle on one of the many cupcakes that spell 'Harry 27' all together and brings the plate closer. 

"Make a wish, H."

Harry grins at the messy writing on the cupcakes and blows out the candle, making a secret wish while doing so. 

"You made that all yourself, baby?" 

Louis nods and chuckles dryly, "Yeah, rough morning in the kitchen."

Harry snorts, "I'm glad I didn't wake up to the building burning down." 

Louis scoffs and hands him a cupcake, "My mother helped me, I facetimed her all through it. She made sure I didn't mess up." 

Harry almost coos at that before picking up a cupcake, "You're the absolute cutest." 

Louis blushes faintly and takes one too, tearing off a small piece to feed Lucas. 

"These are great, Lou!"

"Ma's recipe," Louis answers with half a cupcake in his mouth. 

Harry chuckles fondly and wipes off some crumbs that were getting out of his mouth. 

"How long have you been up?" 

Louis looks at the clock that says 10am, "About 4 hours." 

Harry smiles, knowing how much Louis isn't a morning person, "You actually woke up early to do all this."