chapter thirteen

June pouted to herself in dismay as she rolled over the next morning to a cold , empty space beside her

June pouted to herself in dismay as she rolled over the next morning to a cold , empty space beside her . Unable to stop the annoyed grumble from leaving her lips as she curled up into herself not wanting to leave the warmth of the heavy sheets just yet .

It was the first time in too long that she had slept so peacefully . Usually awakening every other hour for no reason at all , whether it was the trick of the light , her tiny bladder or the switch in her mind that refused to be turned off .

Sleep had never been too friendly with June , and more often than not she had found herself sleepless and irritable with the way of the worlds cruelty that hung heavily under her tired eyes .

It had only made her paranoia more insistent with its torture , counting every step her fathers feet would print into the darkness when he stumbled home each night. Her  blood freezing underneath her skin with each creak of the floorboards and each giggle of women in the night .

So , she was rather upset that she had awaken alone again when she finally had the chance not to be for once in her sour life .

Whining to herself pitifully as she finally forced open her eyes , squinting against the ray of sun that was shining through the window . Cursing out Jett in her mind for not bothering to close the curtains .

"Jesus fuck." she muttered to herself , quickly ripping the covers from her body before she could change her mind and drift back off to sleep again , alone .

Hissing through her teeth as the cold air hit her bare skin , quickly picking up Jett's abandoned sweatshirt on the floor and shrugging it over her body .

Blowing warm air into her hands and rubbing them together as she stumbled out of the bedroom , her eyes still half closed as she swayed herself into the kitchen .

Sniffling deeply as she bumped into the counter and winced to herself , jumping as a loud laugh filled the air .

Her head snapping quickly over to the patio doors to see jett lounging cosily in a fold out chair , blanket over his lap and mug of coffee in his hand laughing at her . Apparently having watched her pathetic sleepy stumble into the room .