chapter one

June Liera scoffed lowly to herself as she watched the endless miles of trees pass them by , wondering if this was her fathers sick idea of a joke

June Liera scoffed lowly to herself as she watched the endless miles of trees pass them by , wondering if this was her fathers sick idea of a joke .

She hadn't expected the sudden move and it had only made her blood boil to find out that her father had always known that they were going to uplift there life and move half way across the world to some no place town in America , away from everything she had ever known . Aways from the comfort of safety .

It just had to be when things were finally getting somewhere too .

she was not impressed . She wasn't pleased in the slightest . Don't get her wrong , London wasn't where she wanted to live for the rest of her miserable life either , but it would have been nice to have had the choice of the matter .

Of course she could have chosen to stay if she had really wanted to , but with what money? They were already barely scraping by as it was and her father knew that too. It had been written within his smugness as he dared her to challenge him again, a silent threat that would never be answered . She had no one else to rely on but him.

She hated him for it too.

She hardly had a pound to spend for even replacing her old art supplies , having to rely on stealing them from the cupboards at school and the shelves of whatever small and shady store she could find .

However school was long over now , she was nineteen years old and definitely not enrolling into any colleges .

Both the terrible grades and lack of money made sure of that . Which she wasn't that upset about , not really .

she was mostly in unease by the lack of paint and pencils that she had now , her favourite shading pencil had been shaved down that much that it hardly fit in her hand and she had too much pride to ask her father to buy her a new one.

He could go fuck himself for all she cared , with a sharp end of a knife preferably .

She would find one herself before she ever asked for his help , not after this mean trick he had pulled on her .

The rug had been snatched right from underneath her feet without warning , she wanted to scream until his ears bled red and his own mouth stopped talking.

Leon , her father , sighed loudly from the drivers seat of some shitty black car they had rented when they had landed . She had no idea where he had gathered the money from for there move , her best bet was that he had been doing some dodgy dealing again, it wouldn't exactly be the first time .

She was mildly impressed that he had even remembered to drive on the other side of the road , although there was a small part of her that wished he hadn't .

Perhaps he would have forgotten and driven them right into a truck , head on . He would have flew through the screen , glass smashing everywhere as he was pronounced dead on impact .