chapter three

June took extra special care getting ready that next morning , tingles running through her body at the thought of seeing the mysterious man again

June took extra special care getting ready that next morning , tingles running through her body at the thought of seeing the mysterious man again .

All she knew about him was that he was fucking huge , his name was Jett and the dark empty look in his molten eyes made her want to giggle hysterically till she had no breath left to give.

She had never considered herself a very lucky girl , more... resourceful . She knew how to get her own way without making it obvious , having mastered the certain tilt of her body and the pretty bat of her eyelashes a long time ago .

She was pretty when she smiled , it was the lack of smile on her face that chilled people to there aching bones .

The world was full of living puppets and she held on closely to the red ribbons in her hair imagining them to be there strings as she twirled around her room in a daze , rock music playing faintly in the background .

"Too much? Too much? Or not enough?" she muttered under her breath , contemplating the cute baby pink dress that nearly see through when the sunlight lit up her body .

Pulling out both of her braids with a noisy huff , letting one of the ribbons flutter to the ground in annoyance .

"Never enough." she spat quietly , irritated at the strange slither of uncertainty she was feeling , unable to look away from her own reflection in the dusty mirror .

Finally deciding to keep half of her wavy hair down , instead choosing to braid two perfect plats around her head and tying them together with her ribbon in a bow .

She wondered if jett was currently doing the same thing , fussing over himself in front of a mirror as he got ready to meet her again .

She hoped he was , she hoped he was sweating through his shirt , beading nervous perspiration .

she needed his heart to beat as loudly as her own was . He had to feel it , surely he did .

She was pretty and she was obvious wasn't she? She was going to eat his pie and she was going to like it .

He was going to like her . Just this once , she really needed him to like her . Nobody else did.

"I like you ." she pouted to herself in the mirror upset with the direction her own thoughts were heading .

"Those slug suckers don't know what there missing out on ." she told herself firmly , breathing out contently as she swiped on her usual red lipstick , appreciating the new level of hot confidence that flowed through her veins from it .

She felt unstoppable .

That was until her dad was frowning back at her of course, looking over her dress disapprovingly with a shake of his head .

"When are you going to start dressing your own age June? you look like a child in those silly little dresses of yours."  he said .

Feeling the blood underneath her skin begin to boil at his careless insult. How dare he?