chapter nine

By the time that her father arrived back home with only fifteen minutes to spare,  June was sat pleasantly on the edge of the couch with a large unusual grin on her red lips that instantly put him on edge

By the time that her father arrived back home with only fifteen minutes to spare, June was sat pleasantly on the edge of the couch with a large unusual grin on her red lips that instantly put him on edge .

Pausing by the door as he ran his eyes over her small frame , a sharp intake of breath was all that could be heard as he looked at what she had chosen to wear that night .

A large, white button up shirt that she had borrowed from Jett was tucked into a high waited black skirt that she had brought with her from her school days . She had even put on her favourite red kitten heels that stood out against her white lace socks .

Her hair was down in her usual messy curls but she had somewhat made it tamer by clipping small plastic butterflies throughout , her eyes wide and expectant as she looked back over at her father while fighting off a smirk .

She looked like a schoolgirl , a innocent small girl who could do no harm . The perfect first impression , she was sure .

Sighing in relief he smiled small. "You look ... better." he approved , having already changed into a clean white shirt that almost matched his daughters and dark blue denim jeans in the car .

Humming softly , she didn't respond as she watched him hurry around the house for things he would need . Finally bringing a brand new bottle of wine out of the fridge .

"Come on , come on -" he motioned for her to hurry , grabbing his long black coat from the hook and quickly pulling it on .

She was still silent she bent down to pick the hidden blazer up from the floor , slowly siding it over her arms while taking her sweet time . Another thing she had 'borrowed' from jett .

It had been his own perfect idea , though she knew a rather large part of him had offered it to her out of a primal instinct .

He hadn't liked the thought of her having dinner with another boy , so he had given her two items of clothing that smelled like him . As if to say , this one is mine .

Breathing in the calming wood and vanilla musk scent , she could faintly smell a hint of smoke too and wondered if he had worn this to somewhere important where he had smoked and smoked to relieve the stress .