Chapter thirty three

June had called syd to pick her up early , unable to go back into her house and face her father

June had called syd to pick her up early , unable to go back into her house and face her father .

She had seen Sarah storm out not even an hour before as she watched there door from the shadows near the woods .

The tears that were streaming down the older woman's eyes were a memory she would happily store away from a gloomy day .

How dare she try to become a fixture in there home ? Leaving pieces of herself all around the house , her sweet perfume had stained the furniture and ruined it all. She hated her . She really did .

She didn't hold any hold that her abrupt leaving would last very long . Leon had a way of guilting them back into his arms , harsh words soothes with soft lies . She would know .

She has watched woman after woman stumble out of there home while growing up , each finger pointing angrily at the girl in the corner with big blue eyes .

They never lasted long , she hadn't let them . Her father didn't deserve the love of another , a soft body to warm his bed while june spent years , cold and alone in her own . Listening to the shrill giggles of a faceless woman while she clutched onto a old worn photo of her mother .

She had always wondered what her mother had seen in Leon . He wasn't rich , he wasn't funny and he most certainly wasn't a 'good' man . There was not much to use nor much to take .

She momentarily felt ashamed that her mother had been so weak to fall for her fathers roguish charm , it was all a false invitation to disappointment in the end .

In a way she felt like she was doing all these women a favour , scaring them off before Leon could leave his dirty fingerprints in there chest . A long line of broke hearts never made for a good road to follow .

She pitied them . They were fools to believe a word her father ever turned , to not see the truth between each touch .

June had saw through it all . Each time he dragged her into her room while she was kicking and screaming , locking the door behind him and leaving her to cry with only the company of the moon and stars.

She saw it every time he refused to say goodbye or hello . Each time he turned away , each time he turned a blind eye . Each time he begged for her to forgive him . Each time his hand had bruised her skin . Each time that he had come crawling back .

Each time that he had played the man . She knew .

That was no the love of a father . That was the torture of a sick man.

He liked to blame June for every wrong doing in his miserable life . Pointing his finger at the girl who just couldn't seem to please , who couldn't do anything right.

She wasn't quiet enough . He had said .

She was too loud . He had complained .

She's too angry . He had muttered .