Chapter twenty

There was a certain taste of electric in the air as the sun fell and night came crawling in

There was a certain taste of electric in the air as the sun fell and night came crawling in . A soft breeze shook the branches by her window as June watched Cora attempt to do her makeup in her mirror with a amused giggle .

A warmth settled deep in her chest as she sat up from where she had been laying , flat on her back on her bed with her legs kicking up and down in the air .

"That's not what you need honey." She told the clueless girl sat crossed legged on her floor kindly , smiling as she took the bright red lipstick from her fingers .

Red was June's colour . Cora was more of a peachy pink .

Brushing Cora's soft brown hair from her shoulder , she sat down beside her carefully .

"Want me to do your makeup instead?" She offered , already picking up a small bottle of moisturiser from the bag , knowing that she wouldn't say no to her offer.

Cora's cheeks heated as she shyly agreed , June's crystal clear eyes so light that not even the yellow lighting in the room could tame them .

"Yes please . I'm not really use to all of this." She explained softly , motioning around them with her hands before shrugging .

Makeup . Friends . Kindness . She wasn't used to any of it .

She was still waiting to wake up from this sweet dream as June's small and baby soft hands took ahold of her chin before smoothing a small amount of lotion gently into her skin.

Exhaling soundlessly , June smiled. "The moisturiser helps give you a nice glow . I don't think you'll need any foundation or blush for that matter . You seemed to already have the al' natural look working for you." She complimented her .

Feeling the girls cheeks heating up from under her palms and fighting back a smirk .

She was so very responsive to each word and gesture that June made it seemed . Leaning into her without even realising it , her honey brown eyes glued to her as though she wanted to take it all in to remember it for a later date .

June was finding that being kind to Cora wasn't too much of a chore after all . She was just too sweet to hate.

For now.

"I'm thinking just some soft brown shadow and mascara . Maybe a pink lip tint ?" She hummed to herself thoughtfully .

Picking up a blending brush and tapping a small amount of the brown pigment onto it before getting to work .

It didn't take too long for the girls to get ready , a comfortable silence falling over the two of them as the soft rock drifted quietly from the radio around the room.

A sense of peace and calm washing over june as she brushed carefully through the curls she had added to her hair .

Brushing them out until they were nice and bouncy before lightly teasing the roots of her hair to add some volume .