Chapter twenty nine

Despite having cleared the air between the two of them , the drive back to June's home was filled with tension and the soft , gruff voice of Leonard Cohen echoing in the background

Despite having cleared the air between the two of them , the drive back to June's home was filled with tension and the soft , gruff voice of Leonard Cohen echoing in the background .

She didn't know what to do or say to make him feel any better , she didn't know if she wanted to relieve him of his turbulent emotions either .

If he was so hurt and angered by her 'betrayal' then it only further proved to her that he cared enough to feel such things . If he didn't , then he wouldn't have reacted so badly .

She thought it was sweet that he was so worried about her affections and affairs with others , he truly had no idea just how much she adored him .

Despite the little voice in the back of her head constantly trying to deny her of her own feelings for the older man , June knew that was she felt was no lie .

Perhaps it was the only honest thing she felt .

Despite how muddling it made her mind to think about such things . When you cared it made you vulnerable, open to arrows of hurt and worry at any moment .

For a girl who craved control of every step and word spoken in her life , this felt world turning to her .

How dare he make her care so much for him ? It was pathetic .

She often wondered why she felt so strongly about Jett .

She could easily admit that at first her attraction to the man was purely physical , she had been frustrated and bored with her life and had saw a potential game within him .

He had appeared so timid and almost just as confused as she was with her approach .

She had wanted to mess with his mind , have her fun and then move on . Onto the next game . The usual cycle she ran . Yet it seemed to have all backfired too quickly .

There would be no moving on from this , she was sure of it . He was becoming an extension in her mind , his scent clinging tightly to her skin .

She wanted to hate him for it. She hadn't wanted to care , yet here she was . Sat in his truck on there way to redo dinner with her father and Lucy , frowning over at him in upset just wishing that he would speak with her . Would make her feel better like he usually did .

It was really not fair . She cared far too much.

"I don't think that you're being very nice to me right now Jett." She mumbled moodily .

Crossing her arms over her chest with a unnoticeable pout on her lips .

She had decided on a simple baby pink coloured babydoll dress for dinner , her hair in her usual waves with two pieces held back by her favourite dark red ribbon .

She liked the way Jett's eyes would catch onto it every time he turned his head .

She knew that he was quickly collecting a collection of her ribbons , since the very first night that she met him . It was interesting to see a small piece of silk entrap a man so deeply .