chapter fifteen

Later that day  June was walking down to the local small shopping centre with no actual reason on her mind , she felt light and content for once in her life

Later that day  June was walking down to the local small shopping centre with no actual reason on her mind , she felt light and content for once in her life .

Having spent the morning watching her father try to win over jett , even inviting him in for a coffee and blabbering away about everything and anything he could think about .

It amused her to see jett's bored eyes glaze over.  Digging into Leon's as he tried not to drift off from the mans  voice going on and on and on . Shooting June looks of annoyance and thinly veiled irritation every time her father looked away or wandered off to grab something to brag about .

It had lasted a good hour or so before he had finally made some excuse to leave , Leon happily telling him that he was welcome to come back anytime .

She had never seen her father look so happy before , it made her overwhelmed with satisfaction and childish glee .

Kr was exactly the reaction they had been hoping for , there had been no suspicion of there closeness in the slightest .

He hadn't even thought twice to question how she had come to meet a man twice her age in a town she had never been to before . Not even noticing the way they seemed to be able to communicate without words , there comfortableness with each other should have alerted him that something just wasn't right .

But her father had never been a very smart man after all . Gullible and easy to trick , it made her sick that his blood was in her veins .

She wondered if she had took after her mother she had never met instead .

Jett had managed to corner her in the hallway before he left , telling her that he was going to take her shopping for some new shoes tomorrow with a look that told her that no argument or pouting would deter him .

And just who was she to say no to a man wanting buy her some new pretty things? She may have been stubborn but she wasn't stupid .

As she walked past the rows of little stores she heard a commotion to the right of her , turning her head curiously in the direction of the noise as she came to a stop .

Her eyes narrowing curiously as she noticed two girls pushing around a smaller girl , there high pitched laughter and mean comments reaching her ears making her scrunch up her nose at the unpleasantness of them .

Did these girls not know subtleness at all? Publicly bullying someone ? Was this what Americans did? The worst bullying she had witnessed back home had not been in front of a crowd of people .

If you wanted to hurt someone , you made it personal . Otherwise you just risked looking like a major asshole to those around you . She would know .

She had been aiming for the number one asshole cup since she could talk back to the idiot around her.

The poor girl in question was a smaller girl who couldn't have been any older than june was , her straight brown hair hung heavily over her face but even June could see the embarrassment and shame she was radiating as she cowered away from the bullies .