chapter two

June frowned to herself as she looked around her pale pink room , eyeing the newly changed sheets on the bed warily

June frowned to herself as she looked around her pale pink room , eyeing the newly changed sheets on the bed warily .

She couldn't say she was displeased , her new room was much larger than her box room back in London, but it was just lacking something.

After blue-tacking the few pictures she had kept onto the wall she had shoved her suitcases and bags into the closet , not bothering to sort through it yet .

There was only one thing on her mind as she grabbed her little leather sketchbook and worn down pencil , eyeing the darkening blue sky that was barely seen over the masses of trees that bordered around this town .

Feeling the usual itch she felt to scribble away , she had barely anytime to draw anything but clouds on the plane ride here and she could feel herself becoming miserable and restless .

She wanted to have everything down on paper so that someday she could look back at it and see things from a different angle than the one she was viewing things in now . Memories were so hard to keep and so few in-between . She wanted to remember it all.

Carelessly shrugging on one of her baggy jumpers , she hurriedly shoved her feet back into her mucky vans before pausing at the mirror resting against the wall .

Tilting her head as she looked at herself , widening her eyes and sticking out her tongue at her reflection before giggling under her breath at herself .

Her worn down levis jeans had a terrible hole in one of the knees , and the sole of her right shoe was gaping right off and was currently being held in place by some black tape she had wrapped around it until her feet no longer scraped against the floor .

Her messy blonde hair was almost white in the terrible yellow lighting , casting a dark shadow under her eyes . The dark blue silk ribbons were holding loosely onto her hair and she knew that with just one pull they would easily come undone .

But there was still something missing.

Digging her hand into her canvas bag she pulled out her favourite tube of lipstick , uncapping it and holding it in front of her with a pleased grin .

Leanjng closer to the mirror she let her lips gape open slightly as she smoothed the soft butter lipstick over them , watching with contentment as the dark red colour stained her lips .

"better." she sighed to herself, smacking her lips together happily  "so pretty ." she cooed to herself before hiking her canvas bag over her shoulder and skipping down the stairs , feeling better than she had only moments ago .

Her father was sat on the newly cleaned breakfast table shuffling through what looked to be important documents , tiredly raising his eyes as she came barrelling past him , hoping he would just let her leave without saying a word.

Of course she was never that lucky , pinching her eyebrows together as his grating voice carried over to her with a pinch of annoyance.

"Where are you going June?" he asked her warily , wondering what mood she was in this time around .